Cat Forum banner

Wintressia - "Playing Isn't Just For Kittens"

957 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bluemilk 
#1 ·
Pretty spry for an old guy:
(okay, she's a girl, not a guy, but I needed to rhyme!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G61E8Ul-0M

Just 5 minutes of Wintressia playing and chilling. The vet's prognosis gave her 6 months to live back in 2012 - but 3 years later and she's still going strong!

#4 ·
Goodness, she is STUNNING and looks less than half her age! :luv You have taken incredible care of this girl for her to look that amazing and be that playful at almost 18. :D

Also, this may be odd to say but I love that wall color and carpet color together! They both compliment Wintressia's coat gorgeously, too! haha

#5 ·
Thanks - I love the colors too! My mom did the deco in this house - it's actually right next door to the house I grew up in/lived in all my life. My mom bought this next-door house years ago, renovated it, and planned on renting it out - then she gave up, knocked out the wall between the yards, and now I'm pretty much the only one who lives over here, plus Win who lives in the garage XD I've always felt too wary/scared to do any decorating of my own in here! (I probably would have moved far far away from my family years ago, rather than somehow ending up living literally next door to them - but my dad had a traumatic brain injury in 2000 so I've given up on the idea of an actual life and still help my family take care of him)

Win DOES seem to love gray things - it's almost like she knows she's gray and that she's sort of camouflaged on other gray things. There are some old car floormats in the garage that are gray - she lays on them all the time. Cat has self-awareness of coat color! (haha, probably not...)

I confess - I was a terrible catmom for years - she and my other cat Kaz were free-fed on kibble for most of their lives. It wasn't until my dog was diagnosed with cancer in 2010 that I started looking into a better diet for all my pets. Win probably was already in the early stages of kidney failure at that point - but you can see how a wet/raw diet can help! ;}

Sorry for rambling on so much - she's my last and only pet, and after having a childhood and entire life filled with pets literally from my birth, I'm kind of like an overbearing, yet proud, parent with Win now XD

#6 ·
OMG I don't know if adorable or beautiful is the better word to describe her. The playful kitten side made me think adorable, but she's really a beautiful cat. I laughed out loud at her reactions to finding the string on top of her - I'm so mean, but cats are always so freaked out when they suddenly realize that their prey is on top of them!

Was that her that made the little mrow noise about halfway through?

So funny, Mandy and Ellie, I was going to same the same thing about the colors in the room - love the wall color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.