My Boy Darragh - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

My Boy Darragh

I finally figured out how to use the gallery everything. So I'm going to show off my new little man here.

This is Darragh, I rescued him from the cold, not so much now, streets of Newark NJ, where I recently moved. He's only got one eye. Don't know how that happened. But he's a very sweet, affectionate boy.

For those of you who don't know, the "g" in his name is silent. And he's a rare blue & cream tortoishell male. I think that he may already be neutered, as he doesn't spray or anything. So that's lucky.

Name:  Darragh Headshot.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  57.9 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Darragh2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	101834

Name:	Darragh.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	101842

Name:	DarraghGreenManCape.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	101850
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 12:29 AM
Premier Cat

He is really beautiful! So glad you rescued him. He looks like he is living the life now! Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to more pictures of your boy.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Cat Addict

A real cutie!

I've never managed to work out how to post pictures so you are way ahead of me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Kitten

Darragh is very handsome! Thanks for sharing photos. It looks like he's settled in nicely
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 11:46 AM
Cat

Your vet will be able to tell if he has been neutered and also check for a microchip.

He's a handsome guy!Lucky to be off the streets and cared for.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 02:51 PM
Cat Addict

I've finally managed to put some photos on an album but how did you get it to appear here?

I'm limited in the pictures I have at present anyway because they are nearly all on disc and the "drawer" on my computer is broken but I'd love to be able to do what you have done.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 12:49 AM
Premier Cat

Aw, thanks for taking Darragh in! I had a student named Darragh - she was cute, but your Darragh's cuter. Wow, a male tortie. That IS rare!

I grew up about 15 minutes away from you, in West Orange and Livingston.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
Aw, thanks for taking Darragh in! I had a student named Darragh - she was cute, but your Darragh's cuter. Wow, a male tortie. That IS rare!

I grew up about 15 minutes away from you, in West Orange and Livingston.
It is rare, and what's even stranger is that there's another one almost identical to him, he must be his father or something? There are so many strays around here it's crazy. I was like "no adoption fees for me, I can take my pick"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
I've finally managed to put some photos on an album but how did you get it to appear here?

I'm limited in the pictures I have at present anyway because they are nearly all on disc and the "drawer" on my computer is broken but I'd love to be able to do what you have done.
OK, when you make a new post, there's a little paperclip that will allow you to upload and attach new pictures, no need to link to your album. Or alternatively go to your album and click on each individual picture & then copy the permalink that will be below the picture (which honestly is a pain, considering there are more steps & as someone w/ADHD I hate extra steps) and then place it in the post. But the 1st way is probably the simplest.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlaya67 View Post
He is really beautiful! So glad you rescued him. He looks like he is living the life now! Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to more pictures of your boy.
Thank you Jetlaya, I didn't even see these responses until just now. I didn't realize that I'd need to follow my post to see that I had replies. Luckily it hadn't been that long.

Yes he is. But he's still adjusting. He periodically does crazy stuff like jumping up into the window that he came in, and reaching under the door. It's like he wants his own key. LOL

He had a little kitty group that he was hanging around with and he misses his kittty friends, so it was pretty rough the first few days, but they were too feral to even come near me. He seemed like their leader. I felt bad for splitting them up, but I just couldn't stand that poor one-eyed boy being on the street. I've got to take him to the vet soon. But I'm not that well myself, so I've got to focus on getting a doctor's appt. myself as well.

I plan to get a harness & leash so that I can take him outside, since he wants to go out so badly. Speaking of which he's by the door acting crazy now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page