Cats sleep on my legs, do yours? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Cats sleep on my legs, do yours?

Lately my kitties, especially Maya (brown tabby) sleeps on my legs early morning. Later on sometimes, G joins her. My two are not overweight but I'm a very petite person, so having a 10 lb sleeping cat or two on my legs can get quite uncomfortable after a while. They are quite cute when they snuggle together, though.

Do your cats do this? If so, what do you do when you feel constricted? Get up? After I move my legs, Maya simply repositions herself back on, lol. I eventually let up and get up, of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20160306_225814.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	102386  

Name:	JPEG_20160306_225816.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	102394  

Name:	JPEG_20160306_225817.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	102402  

Name:	JPEG_20160306_225818.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	102410  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Premier Cat

OH NO! All I'm getting is the evil broken icon for the pictures!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Senior Cat

two of ours sleep on my legs,, sometimes offended if I need to roll over or move.. we had a had a lynx point female that had "issues" she disliked me from the day we adopted her..for 10 yrs. she would wait till I falling asleep and curl up on my ankles.. that way she would know if I was awake.. she was gone for several years before another cat would sleep there..

yeti cat: two toes short of the record books
eons ago there must had been a creature with a roar
like a vacuum cleaner, it most likely ate cats.
smokey,yeti, pansy, violet, ember and brullie
jolene, tammi and emma the ghost kitties in the house
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Cool Cat

Hi TC,

Shadow has developed a habit of sleeping on my legs. It's usually not a problem but if I feel constricted or if she gets in a bad spot I just move a little and try to get her into a better spot.

Usually Chino will curl up next to my legs or at my feet. If they both were sleeping on my legs it could be a problem as I am small too.

The photos of Maya & G are adorable by the way!

Judy
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Tom Cat

Every night. If I have to get up in the middle of the night, I first have to move 15 pounds of comatose Siamese off my legs to get out of bed. Sometimes I can put my arms under either side of him under the blanket and slide him off sideways, as if he's on a stretcher. That's fine until I try to get back into bed, then I get grumbled at for waking him up and moving him.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Cat

Describes my sleeping arrangement as well, except I have four comatose cats to deal with. Puddle usually likes to sleep by my feet or right next to my legs, so that I can't move them to stretch out. Eventually he'll get right on top of my legs... and he doesn't move. I literally lift the blankets up with him on them in order to move my legs around. Sky likes to perch on me randomly throughout the night, but she's more of a 'torso' girl. Tilly has always been obsessed with sleeping on my face or head, so I wake up with whiskers/tail/feet on my face or in my mouth, or he's just so completely covering me, I can't breathe. Death by kitten, I love it.

Those pictures are adorable, by the way!

Last edited by marie73; 03-08-2016 at 03:04 AM.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Jr. Cat

Oh mine loves to do that do, as well as sit on top of me and be right up in my face just purring away But then what do we do in this situation?

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Cat

Super cute pics, tabbcatt! Lately Diego has been sleeping on the bed with us and in between my legs or on top of me lol. Typically he will do it in the mornings. when he lays on top of me I wait til he closes his eyes then reposition him next to me and he stays- most of the time.

I loved when he slept behind my pillow against the headboard when he was 3 months old. Time flies
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 03:01 AM
Kitten

Oh gosh they are adorable!! That is quite a lot of cuddly kitty to be plonked on your legs for so long XD

As soon as I sit down, Mia's normally vying for space on my lap, whether the laptop is there or not! It's a bit awkward when she does it at the dinner table. She's also figured out, if I'm on my back in bed, she can stand on the bones in my calves in such a way that it's REALLY uncomfortable if she wants me to get up!!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 05:44 AM
Cool Cat

Look at those beautiful green eyes on your baby! Amelia sleeps on my legs or chest and sometimes I have to get up and push her off, but she is pretty small so I usually don't mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page