Hello! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello!

I'm Aditya and a first time cat owner and I just rescued a street cat from the streets. Her name's Echo. Joined this forum just for her!
She sleeps a lot. A lot lot.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462813786010.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	104666
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462814117768.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	104674
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Jr. Cat

She's very pretty! She's lucky she found a human to keep as a pet so she can be indoors now where it's safer for her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taco and ChaChi
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Yes I know

And today I woke up to find her sleeping next to me. BEST.THING.EVER

Last edited by marie73; 05-09-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Meet Echo! :D

I found her yesterday crying in my garage and couldn't find her mum anywhere. Fed her and one thing led to another and the next thing I know that she's sleeping on my bed and I'm in love

She's around 2 month according to the vet
She likes to sleep a loooooot. Her motto in life seems to be "Eat. Cuddle. Sleep. Repeat."

I'll be going to get her some toys today as she seems to be very active and a ball just doesn't seem enough for her

Also, I'm a first time cat owner and don't exactly know the needs of a feline, so if any of you have some tips to share or any advise to give, do feel free to share

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462851515469.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	104762

Sent from my 2014811 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462851477432.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	104746  

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462851503513.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	104754  

Last edited by marie73; 11-04-2016 at 02:36 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 12:59 AM
Premier Cat

Oh my goodness what a little sweetie! No wonder she has you wrapped around her little paw already. Although...since she's so friendly, it seems likely that she is owned and got lost - or maybe she was owned and her owner just dumped her.

I don't know a whole lot about young kittens, but a couple of things I can say: if you can feed her canned food rather than dry, it would be better for her, and kitties generally love interactive toys, like wands with feathers - Da Bird is a favorite of most kitties. You can also drag a wand toy underneath a towel or blanket and watch her pounce to try to catch the thing-moving-under-the-blanket.

Kittens are bundles of energy but so entertaining!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 02:36 AM
Senior Cat

As Spirite said, canned/wet food is much better than kibble for a cat.

You could also get her a breakaway collar with ID just in case, even if you plan on keeping her indoors.

Get a scratching post (or two!) to get her used to scratching on those, and NOT furniture ;}

It's also a good idea to start handling her body parts and getting her used to being touched - such as her paws, ears, and mouth/teeth. This way you can clip her claws later and check her ears and she'll already be used to you touching those parts of her. If you get her used to lifting her lips and touching her teeth/gums, you'll be able to take care of her teeth/brush her teeth later on :}

You don't have to immediately start clipping her claws or anything like that, but just spend a few minutes each day touching/rubbing her paws, ears, and body.

If you plan on taking her to the vet for a checkup, get a carrier and get her used to riding in that - make it a pleasant experience by putting treats inside and leaving the carrier out near her so she gets used to it being around. She may even start treating it as a hideaway/nest! :}

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 03:08 AM
Premier Cat

What a beautiful girl!
Since she is till a kitten and growing, feed her as much as she wants until she gets close to one year of age, then you can get her on a schedule of two or three times a day. Don't give her milk as it is not good for her.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
kitties generally love interactive toys, like wands with feathers!
She want owned. I live in an apartment and she was born around humans so that's why she's so friendly
I still haven't got her any toys I'll try to get em by evening
I'll see if I can get canned food here in my area. There aren't many pet shops in my city

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakotaWolf View Post
As Spirite said, canned/wet food is much better than kibble for a cat.

You could also get her a breakaway collar with ID
Can you please explain a breakaway collar if you don't mind?

Surprisingly, she doesn't mind being touched. At all. She has never showed any aggression towards me or anyone in my family (expect for when she's playing. She likes to bites my fingers or toes when she's playing with me, she thinks its a toy )
I've picked her up in every way and she seems comfortable in all of them

I don't think I'll be buying a carrier anytime soon
The vet lives in my locality so taking her there is not a problem
She hasn't started scratching anything for the moment. I'll get a scratching pole next month maybe (budget problems )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlaya67 View Post
Don't give her milk as it is not good for her.
I feed her a lot as I am training her to recognize her name and the basic things

Milk isn't good? Noted! I fed her milk twice till no. She doesn't seem to dislike it, neither does she seem to love it

Sent from my 2014811 using Tapatalk

Last edited by marie73; 11-04-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page