Meet Dory! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Meet Dory!

Yesterday I got an 8 week old kitten. The mom was a abandoned pet cat that had kittens under my cousins porch. The mom was spayed and has found a home. I believe she is a long hair. I named her Dory after Dory from Finding Nemo. She is all black. Also here is my middle kitty, Luna, a tuxedo who is 2 years old. Finally our eldest, Lucy, who is grey, tan, white and about 4 years old. All are rescues. Any tips for litter training Dory and helping my other cats adjust to her would be appreciated greatly. My dogs love her and she is already used to them. Luna is interested but cautious. Lucy is hiding from her still.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160519_183941.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	105201  

Name:	20160309_233612.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	105209  

Name:	10377021_10204065963508717_1017464867222258740_n.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	105217  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 01:35 AM
Cat Addict

Utter cuties.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 02:02 AM
Premier Cat

Congratulations on your new kitten! Your kitties are all beautiful.

I don't know much about young kittens, but lots of members here do. You might want to post separate, specific questions in the appropriate forum (behavior, I guess), so people can see them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Kitten

hi paco,
Nice cats .. My 6 week old nable or his elder brother Minu have no litter training, they do it on their own outside in the ground. However for for nabla, as he is yet learn climbng steps, me or anyone at home has to take her to the ground (i.e. our garden).

However my experience about introducing them might be helpful. For the first week i kept nabla inside my room while minu was free to roam. After that i let nable to roam around the house. Minu when ever came across her avoided her like he has seen a ghost. After 3/4 days minu started to smell nable. Then i put nabla in a basket and put in front of minu, he smelled for a while. I repeated this for 2/3 times before i put nabla in front of minu, i stayed always nearby with preventive measure in case things go south. After a while, ( most probably i kept this things for one week) minu and nabla become familiar. Now Minu basically want to play with nable, however nable avoid minu as he is 1 year old and some time can be forceful. But i think they are not going to fight. I had advantage as minu and nabla are from same mother and one is male another is female.

But if both are from same gender their might be complication as my friend who keep cat around told me. About introducing one cat to another : the basic thing is patience and gradualism. If the first introduction doesn't go well, keep them separated...for one who was aggressive, please don't punish him/her. Remember cats are territorial..you have to give them that. Instead put who was submissive away for a while and try to introduce them once again after a while.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Premier Cat

Adorable! A news kitty! Lucy knows something's afoot!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 07:51 PM
Jr. Cat

My Taco was a shelter kitten I brought home at 4 weeks. He was abandoned by his mama. He instinctively wanted to go in a box. I made sure our litter boxes had low sides that were easy for him to get into. We watched him like a hawk and every time he got into squatting position one of us would grab him and put him in his box. I also paid close attention to where he wanted to do his business and put a box in his favorite spot. I'm thinking that if Dory gets along with the other ladies in the house they'll show her the ropes which is what a house trained mama would have done.

They're all so cute! I hope that the adjustment period to a new and energetic baby isn't too difficult for everyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taco and ChaChi
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Update: Dory is using the litter box now! She has settled in great. Luna and Lucy are still not accepting of her but they are not attacking her so I'm sure they will grow used to her eventually.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 07:26 PM
Jr. Cat

Dory is absolutely darling. Luna, and Lucy are beautiful. I am sure they will all get along, as they get to know each other. Congrats on your new adorable baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page