My precious babies! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

My precious babies!

I'll start with the one I've had longer first. ^.^

This is Tiger! I fostered him and his two brothers since they were four weeks old. The owner of his mother dropped the kittens off when they were so young and kept the mother, so I got to be their Mama. They all had pretty bad lung and eye infections, but two out of the three pulled through, and now Tiger is four and a half.

He used to be a huge Mama's Boy, but ever since I left for college, he's been more aloof. He's gotten really attached to my mother, though. His favorite things to do are sleeping, looking out the window, and going outside to kill the moles in our yard. Above is him sleeping underneath a heating pad on its lowest setting.

Next is my baby, Serena. I adopted her a couple months ago. She's five. I can't say for sure what her past was like, but I do know that she is scared of young men, and she was terrified of feet for awhile, and is still scared of clothes hangers. Just a little. So I can guess that she's been abused before I got her.

Serena and I are closer than Tiger and I, even though I haven't had her nearly as long. Sometimes you just click with a cat, you know? She was actually one of the cats that picked me while I was looking to adopt another. (There was one who came first, a Russian Blue who I was going to name Basil, but the humane society didn't want to let me adopt him because we have quite a few animals and he had a pretty serious heart murmur. So we went to the next town and Serena picked me as well.) She's registered as my emotional support animal, so she'll be living at college with me!

She's a little cuddlebug. She spends most of her day cuddling with me or sitting on the desk next to me lounging on my arm and looking out the window. She's not nearly as active as Tiger, but that's good, considering that she'll be living in a dorm room. She will eat ANYTHING. I'm a vegan, and she will steal my food if I turn my back. She's particularly fond of vegetable chips and fruit, but I take it away as soon as I see her making moves towards it. As of this morning, she apparently also likes getting in the laundry hamper and chasing her tail.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Cool Cat

They are both gorgeous and I'm glad Serena picked you. She sure is a princess...even without her crown!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Cool Cat

Thank you for the pictures. Tiger is lovely, and Serena is a beauty. She's been through bad times and you'll understand her hesitancies..Maybe you can get her used to your playing with her front feet, spreading her toes and all, touching them one at a time. And have the clippers nearby so they're not some sudden new thing. Of course you know you must be very careful not to cut too much, or you'll get that vein in the toe and that will *hurt*.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Tom Cat

What cuties! Its so wonderful when they pick you. I picked both my kitties but they grew into me pretty quickly. Ziggy especially decided within minutes of being home that she was mine .
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Jr. Cat

Those eyes are to die for, too cute.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 07:33 PM
Premier Cat

You have two adorable kitties! Serena must be really calm to be registered as an emotional support pet. She's going to be the star of your dorm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page