This is Panda - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

This is Panda

At the end of May this year when I came to work in the morning, I had a surprise waiting for me outside the office. A stray cat and two kittens, merely a month old. They looked starved, but the mum was very friendly. We got them something to eat, and of course, they stayed.

About a month later, mom had to go for an emergency spay. It was tough but she survived that, only to be hit by a car in the following weeks. The kittens were big enough to survive on their own by then, however I tried to find them forever homes. No one even called to show any interest, and at the beginning of September we found the little boy dead (attacked by the local stray dogs).

I took the remaining kitten and hid her in my office, hoping to find a shelter that would take her. In the meantime she was spayed, de-wormed and got her flea medication. After many phone calls and after I almost lost hope that I'd find a shelter for her, and when I started looking for a safer place to get her to and let her go, a woman called from a private shelter and told me that she is ready to take her when she finishes her vaccinations. I was happy and sad at the same time. Happy for her since she would be leaving for a safer place, but sad because I had already bonded with her and was reluctant to let her go.

Long story short, Panda is now our office mascot. The boss fell in love with her and just asked me one day: "Why wouldn't she stay here?"

So here she is, a new member of my (extended) family. She will be vaccinated next week and I am hoping that she will live a long and happy life.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 07:42 AM
Cool Cat

Oh what a story! And isn't she just precious! Your boss has a kind heart too. There is something quite special about a place that has more than just machinery and people and fluorescent lights. Thanks for the great intro to Panda and the fine pics. Sad about the mom and brother. Sounds like Panda has a good home now, with a loving extended family.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 02:52 AM
Premier Cat

This just warms my heart.

It's great that your boss let her stay there. She's safe and won't face the same dangers as her mom and brother.

And it looks like she's already showing what a good worker she is, being so very helpful with that pile of papers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you all! She is really a sweetheart. A bit mischievous, but a sweetheart.

She is also my first cat (I have a dog who is 10). So, I don't know much about cats but I am hoping I'll learn many interesting things here.

Last edited by marie73; 09-30-2016 at 04:22 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Cat Addict

That's wonderful how that story ended. It was so sad up to the end. I adopted my two after deaths too. I couldn't see that happen again. I also understand all the calls and no hits for awhile. I wish you all a happy future.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Jr. Cat

What a beautiful and lucky cat Panda is now. It is good that your boss let her stay,after such harrowing experiences. Enjoy every minute of her !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page