New Ginger Baby Boy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat

New Ginger Baby Boy

Our new household addition: Francis

He's 3 mos. old and just the most loving, scampering little bundle of fluff. He makes my heart soar with happiness. I've been thinking of adding another cat for a while now, but didn't know a kitten would silently speak to me at the shelter. It was of course a hard choice... so many beautiful feline souls there reaching out, you know?

My other cat Lilah is quite accustomed to my having strays and neighbor cats in and out, so she's not hostile with baby, just more "Are you still here? When are you going back to your house? *hiss hiss*" We've been sure to give her extra love.

Two Questions:

1) Francis came to us with Hills SD kitten food. Lilah seems to love it although she might just be eating it to put him in his place. But she does have a tendency to vomit, so I was thinking maybe the teeny pieces are easier on her? Is there a good "all life stages" that's teeny pieces?

2) Lentingo spots, aka: Ginger Freckles - do all gingers have or get them and if so, how long does it take usually for them to show up? I adore them.

Here's a pic of my Lilah, her "glamour shot" from last fall that I took. I love showing her off. Now tell me she doesn't have the right to be hissy, queen that she is!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 07:43 AM
Cool Cat

That's two beautiful cats! Lucky you.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Kitten

That would be the hardest thing to do, go into a shelter and leave with only one.

Last edited by doodlebug; 10-27-2016 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Do not allow links to FB as the content may be G rated now, but not in 5 minutes. We a a G rated, child friendly forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 10:55 PM
Premier Cat

What a little sweetheart he is! And I love the "bow to the queen" shot of Lilah.

Since Lilah's at least a year old, she probably doesn't need kitten food. I don't know the Hill's kitten food, but I assume from what you say that it's dry? If Lilah's appears to be digesting it better than her regular food, I would think it has less to do with the size of the kibble than with the ingredients. You might check the ingredients in her regular food and in the Hill's to see if there's an ingredient that she may be sensitive to.

My cat sometimes eats Nature's Variety Instinct dry food, and the pieces seem pretty small to me.

I'd never heard of lentigo, but when I looked it up, it seems that it's seen most commonly in orange kitties (maybe due to the lighter coloring?) but not always. I don't think I've ever seen an actual kitty with it before, but from the images, it is cute when they have the little spots on their noses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page