My Babies <3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Talking My Babies <3

I just wanted to share with you all my two babies <3
The black one is Stella and I got her from a high kill shelter...She was barely 2 pounds and had hair missing and was the runt her and I immediately bonded and she loves when I sing or talk to her, and she loves to talk back she is a complete shoulder cat and will let me know when she wants up by saying "Mama" (I swear she says it my mom and sister couldn't believe their ears the first few times) She loves going on walks on her little harness and loves to cuddle.

Toby is my little Tabby kitty and a complete mama's boy. He has bonded with me very closely since I adopted him and he also knows how to high five when asked
he is not curious about being outside and is much happier sleeping in my arms like a baby or playing on his cat tree and sometimes hunting Stella

I love them so much and can't imagine my life without them. They are so smart and it's amazing how unique their personalities are. These two have been the first cats I have ever owned and honestly they are my little joys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	121881  

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	121889  

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	121897  

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	121905  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	121913  

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	121921  

Last edited by marie73; 02-20-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 04:20 PM
Jr. Cat

Welcome! So cute and cuddly! Toby is lovely and looks so fluffy! Stella is just stunning. My favorite is the last picture, such a cute photo!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Tom Cat

What beautiful babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 07:41 PM
Premier Cat

What gorgeous kitties! And I just melt whenever I see kitties who get along so well together, as it's something I haven't experienced.

Did you adopt them around the same time? And how old are they? The pic of the two of them sleeping next to each other, and the one where Stella has her paw draped casually over Toby's head are so cute!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thank you so much they are my fur babies that's for sure
And actually it wasn't always love lol. I got Stella first. Went to the shelter to volunteer and came home with the saddest smallest catso that is how Stella came about. Since she bonded so closely with me she was miserable when I went to work so I thought a friend would benefit her as she was only 5 months old at the time. Little did I know that at 5 months old she already had quite the attitude.
She absolutely hated Toby when I brought him home. And I mean hated him to the point where she even growled at me and hissed whenever I smelled like him. This went on for about a week. I kept Toby in a separate room but she could see him through the glass. I would feed them near the door and even though she hated me for it I would wipe his smell all over her stuff.After about a week of me crying and pleading with her to no avail I figured she had seen him and smelled his scent for over a week so she should know he's here to stay and I just took the chance and let him come out of his room. At first she growled and tried to chase him and i think she soon realized that chasing was fun so after about 5 minutes they were wrestling with each other and playing hide and seek. It seriously brought tears to my eyes because I really thought I was going to have to take Toby back and I didn't want to.
Now they adore each other, groom each other and sleep next to each other and they both terrorize each other equally
They are about 3 months apart. The shelter couldn't even give me proper age but to my best knowledge I would say shes 10 months and he's 7 months old.
And yes she used to love laying on top of him and she would grab him by the neck and force groom him like a mother lol and he would just lay there and let her do it till she was finished

Last edited by marie73; 02-20-2018 at 11:03 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Cat

That's a great story and very instructive. That 'buffer' of a week and sharing scents seems to be crucial to having a chance that 2 different cats will bond. Makes me hopeful when I get a bigger space to give charlie a friend so thanks for sharing that!

4ever in my Heart
Dizzy my PookieMoose
June 2003- August 26 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page