Tabby or Mix? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hmm I will have to measure his tail now because I am very curious haha.. And I did some research and found a breed called the Egyptian Mau... It is said they have spots and stripes and they also have the facial markings that look like eyeliner and makes them have a "Worried expression" which is actually what my mom has said about Toby since he was little LOL that he always looks so worried. And it is said they are attached to one person and a bit weary of others and loud noises. Also says they are very athletic and slim and muscular and his personality fits to a tee...and the Egyptiam Mau is said to have a loose skin pouch from his belly down to his back legs which is what Toby has! And I always found that peculiar because as I said he is so thin that I found it weird he has that long pouch...So it could be maybe he has Egyptian Mau in his ancestry somewhere

Last edited by marie73; 03-26-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 02:58 PM
Premier Cat

Most of the Egyptian Maus I've seen at shows are medium size cats; it's really your boy's size that has me intrigued, cause he's going to be huge when he's reached maturity. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the belly pouch, known as the "Primordial Pouch", as a lot of cats have that, wild cats included....my oldest Devon does, and it's common with the bald Sphynx, Bengal and Egyptian Mau breeds, and spayed females. You might find this link interesting:

https://pets.thenest.com/primordial-...ats-11178.html

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 04:10 AM
Premier Cat

Wow, 16 lbs and not even a year old! I'd never heard of the Serengeti before - that was interesting catloverami!

I know nothing about breeds, but Toby has a very striking appearance, with those big upright ears. Looking at his cute little face, you'd never guess he weighed anything close to what he weighs! I'm guessing your other kitty is Stella? It appears that he and Stella are getting along really well from the pic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 06:26 PM
Premier Cat

Not a Bengal from what I see in the photos. Might have a bit of Savannah with some of the facial structure and ears....would account for the size too.

...Always in my heart... Mocha....Nov. 13, 2002 - Dec. 6, 2013
.... Slave to Bengal Cats....Luna, Mystik, Simba, Komet, Meli,
Spark
, and Star
.....and a collection of kittens at various times.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
Wow, 16 lbs and not even a year old! I'd never heard of the Serengeti before - that was interesting catloverami!

I know nothing about breeds, but Toby has a very striking appearance, with those big upright ears. Looking at his cute little face, you'd never guess he weighed anything close to what he weighs! I'm guessing your other kitty is Stella? It appears that he and Stella are getting along really well from the pic!

Yes hes a heavy boy, eats a lot and won't be turning 1 till june
And hes also extremely long when stretched out he reaches my bathroom countertop when he stands on his hind legs...And yes that's Stella shes my little one. Just 8 pounds and very petite and acts like a little princess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page