New Addition - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

New Addition

It's been 6 months since MowMow made his way over the bridge. While I love how my relationship with Book and even Neelix has grown over that time I miss my adventure buddy. Book and Neelix are home bodies and would rather stay here when I do things. MowMow loved going to the Saturday market and out on walks in his harness.

I went to the shelter to see what sort of outgoing and adventurous kittens they might have. It felt like the time was right. When I got there I found a summer camp group there caring for the kittens. After holding and handling a dozen or more kittens who were all either easily frightened or more interesting in running around, I thought who better to ask which kittens are adventurous and still super loving than a bunch of kids who are always holding and hugging them.

Everyone agreed that "Handsome Jack" was the kitten that I needed. I met him and sure enough, we clicked. He's 5 months old and was brought in as a stray. His hold passed with no one to claim him and he's scheduled to be neutered on Thursday. I put a hold on him and bring him home on Friday.

Meet Jack - Jack
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Forgot to mention - We took a stroll through the front part of the shelter that houses the thrift store / pet shop. He LOVED meeting each person he saw and wanted to meet each dog that went by. We took a stroll through the kennel portion and the barking didn't even phase him. He just purred and looked around with interest. Just the personality I need for walks in the harness and strolls in the pet stroller.

The week gave me time to prep the kitten room, it hasn't had a kitten since Neelix came here 5 years ago. It also gave me time to order kitten food and a new carrier. THe one I had was used to take MowMow to his final vet visit and I couldn't bear to bring it home empty. I told them to donate it to someone who needed it. I dragged out the screen I used to divide the apartment when MowMow was failing so Jack - Jack's brothers can get used to him slowly.

I ran down there twice since meeting Jack Jack. I took him some toys and treats and spend some time with him. I feel so terrible he has to stay locked up in that little cage for an extra week.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:07 PM
Cool Cat

Excellent! I hope he will be a great fit for your family. He sure is cute enough to win hearts everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

OMGosh, he is the cutest little guy ever!! Congratulations on your pocket tiger!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by marie73; 08-12-2019 at 08:49 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:33 AM
Jr. Cat

Please keep us posted on his shenanigans. I wish you much happiness.

Larry

Don't be to critical of a mistake. It is evidence that at least
someone tried to do something.
Become better than you used to be, not better than someone else.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:22 PM
Premier Cat

Jack is adorable and really has a look inquisitiveness and interest in all things! It sounds like you and Jack have made the right choice and look forward to hearing more about him when he goes home with you. All the best!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

I actually had a dream about Jack the night you posted about him. Of course, he was mine.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

My sweet little Jack-Jack came home tonight. Keeping him quiet for his sutures is quite the challenge. He spent the evening quite literally bouncing off the walls and furniture. He's crazy sweet and purrs like a little motor boat when I give him pets. Vet visit tomorrow to check him over then perhaps a trip to the farmers market in his stroller.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1566014920323.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	124298  

Attached Images

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 01:04 AM
Jr. Cat

He is going to have a wonderful life. Iím so happy for him.

Larry

Don't be to critical of a mistake. It is evidence that at least
someone tried to do something.
Become better than you used to be, not better than someone else.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
Cool Cat

Plainly settling in nicely! Too cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page