My new bud Buddy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Cat

My new bud Buddy

So I haven't been on here very much since I went on the road. I was driving a truck but decided it wasn't for me and resettled in Missouri. I wanted a cat, was going to wait but of course this guy showed up outside my building. He seems to be about 4 months old, a total doll very socialized. I took him in when it turned cold and he has been wonderful.
So I guess I am owned again! Meet Buddy Love!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191008_084145.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	124412  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191007_140451.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	124414  

4ever in my Heart
Dizzy my PookieMoose
June 2003- August 26 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:04 AM
Cool Cat

How nice that you have a new Buddy! He's cute. I hope he continues to settle in well.

Yes, trucking isn't for everyone. I've heard of some truckers who had their own trucks and also had little 4-legged Travel Companions. Not sure how well that works out, but it sounds nice.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Yes it took me about 6 months to realize I didn't want it as a career. I met more than a few truckers that had cats & dogs. Some had more than one (and you could tell without seeing them!). It's a solitary existence & although I enjoyed some of it the day-to-day wasn't for me. But it got me to where I am now & Buddy found me so all's well that ends well!

This part of Missouri I'm in- Springfield has a lot of indoor/outdoor cats and at first we all thought that was what Buddy was but he never left. LOTS of strays here too unfortunately and people move away ad leave their cats.

4ever in my Heart
Dizzy my PookieMoose
June 2003- August 26 2017

Last edited by DizzysDad; 10-16-2019 at 10:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Premier Cat

I think some things are just meant to be! and your situation is one of them. Lucky you! As a long time breeder, it became apparent to me that the best relationship between owner and kitten/cat was when the kitten/cat chooses its owner. There always seems to be a closer bond. This isn't always possible for a breeder who is looking for particular bloodlines, etc. and sometimes has to choose a cat without even seeing it in person and have it shipped. I was lucky that way where I got some very good cats that had wonderful temperaments and type that also really bonded with me. It's always my advice when someone goes to a shelter to adopt a cat....let the cat choose you and don't be swayed by into picking one because you'd like one of a different color or coat pattern. I think this applies for dogs as well.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page