Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

This boy still needs a name!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  lcordaro 
#1 ·
Meet my new guy! He is a little less than a year old and I adopted him about 2 weeks ago. He is a sweet tabby guy with buff colored fur and I can just not settle on a name for him.

The grey kitty is his new brother, my 3ish year old cat Oscar. He is quite shy and a bit skittish, but he has decided that I am an acceptable human and he purrs all the time when I pet him. He is also very energetic, even more so than I expected.

I tend to go with human names for pets and here a few I've considered:
- Arthur
- Ziggy
- Finn
- Charlie
- Teddy
- Alfie
- Miles

But I don't know... Nothing seems right. I also considered Felix, because a pair of Oscar and Felix would be adorable, but it just doesn't fit.

Anyone have ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
He looks like a sweetie! They are cute together.

Maybe Oliver? That's a theater award.

It always takes me a while to name my cats, and even then I can get it wrong. Eventually, the name morphs into something that matches the cat's personality. (Mr. Beauregard Feathertoes became Beau, finally Boo-Boo . . . which suits him perfectly. My husband calls him Boop de Loop sometimes.)

#7 ·
Hmmm?....looks like a "Ziggy" to me. :)

#9 ·
So the final choice is: Ziggy

I spent the last week or so trying out names and it is the one that stuck. I also realized the other day that he has a little kink in his tail (or a little zig-zag) and that sealed the deal. He is such a sweet guy and I'm just thrilled that I adopted him.

A volunteer at the place I adopted him from recommended him to me, and I really lucked out. He is very nervous around people and was terrified when I first met him, and I'm pretty sure that made it difficult for him to be adopted. He only took a day to warm up to me and I can see his confidence growing every day.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.