Homer and his buddy Shadow - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Homer and his buddy Shadow

Here's a couple of pics I took of Homer with his buddy Shadow. Shadow's a male Russian Blue a little younger than Homer. When my gf moved in we had to make them be friends.

At first there was MUCH screaming and squalling and we had to keep them separated for days. Then I got the idea to drug both of them hehe. We gave each a Kitty-vallium (you can get at the vet) and before long they were both sky-high. We put them together while they were drugged and they looked at each other, started to growl, then said... "ah, who cares, I feel GOOOOOOD!" As they slowly came out of their hazes they were already together so it didn't make much sense to fight. They never fought again and eventually became best buddies! Here they are suggled up on the day-bed in kitty nap heaven.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Cat

Shadow has a beautiful colour. He also looks funny with his toes curled up like that. He looks soooo comfortable.

They seem like good buddies now, ever since the wall went down domestics have been getting along great with the Russians.
.......kinda like Glasnost, but Catnost

Max&Ben
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Senior Cat

Shadow look incredibly soft! Isn't that always the way, at first the cats fight and seem to hate each other and then the next thing you know it, their best buds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Yeah Shadow was probably the most soft and silky kitty I've ever known... he and Homer were tight. Too bad my gf had to take him away when she moved away. Homer helped me through that b/c he lost a best friend too Cats are great during the tough times.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Yeah Shadow was probably the most soft and silky kitty I've ever known... he and Homer were tight. Too bad my gf had to take him away when she moved away. Homer helped me through that b/c he lost a best friend too Cats are great during the tough times.
I agree, cats seem to sense it when you're sad or hurt. Max and Ben were 2 different cats when I suffered a recent ear infection...it was very painful and the boys were there with me, trying to make me feel better. It was quite something to see. They also have this profound calming effect on me when I'm with them. That's got to be good!

Max&Ben
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 08:59 PM
Jr. Cat

sorry to hear that he lost a good friend. Its sad they look like good companions.

Snuggles and Twinkles Mommy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page