Barnaby, kitten pictures. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Barnaby, kitten pictures.

Oops, caught in the bathroom sink.

What a cute little kitten... probably 10-12 weeks old

On this picture you can kind of see his subtle tabby markings (where did that ball go to?)

This used to be his favorite blanket to hide in, obviously he outgrew it because he stopped laying in/on it after he was about a year old.

...and at about 2 1/2 years old.

When I was looking for a cat at the shelter I wanted to find one that was very friendly. Originally I had my name down on another kitten that was described as very sweet & friendly (and was) but an older couple had claimed him first so the Russian Blue kitten (who is now my Barnaby) was my second choice. Three years later I can't ever imagine having chosen a cat other than Barnaby. He ended up being the perfect choice for me. He's such a sweetheart and even though he's 3 years old, he still has a high pitched kitten "mew", especially when he begs.

My only regret was not getting one of his siblings as well. At the time I had been visiting the shelter, I was itching and sneezing while I was there and was afraid that my allergies would be much worse with 2 cats at home. It turns out that I have no allergy problems with Barnaby unless I touch my eyes after touching him. As much as I would like to have a companion for him, he seems to be content where he is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 04:12 AM
Cat

Barnaby is sooooo cute. He's such a nice looking cat. Love the grey fur!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 07:40 AM
Senior Cat

Awww, what a cutie! It looks as if he's make of silk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Wow, he does look a lot like Psi! Man he's cute! Funny thing is, Psi wasn't our first choice either hehe. He had a brother that looked the same as him but was darker and supposedly a little calmer. But this older couple had said before us that they wanted the darker one, so we took Psi. Sometimes I wish we brought home an adult cat because Samhain might have adjusted better, but I just love Psi. He's so...kitten-y, hehe. I love to watch him play and explore and fall off things and he's sooo cuddly. Was Barnaby a cuddly kitten? I can't wait until Samhain and him get along though!

Psi's tabby stripes are pretty much the same darkness as Barnaby's when he was a kitten. Did they fade a bit?

tanyuh

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Actually I think it's just the opposite because I never noticed any tabby stripes until he grew. He was (and still is) a very friendly and cuddly cat. He used to sleep on my chest when I would be in the recliner watching TV (blocking my view of course). Now he lays in my lap and falls asleep on a nightly basis. Just a sweetie!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Guess I just can't see the stripes very well in your Avatar picture. Any other older pictures?

Haha, I am so demanding! "I want kitten pictures!" "Now I want more adult pictures!" Hehehe. But he's so CUTE!

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Sam
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Wow a cutey!

Sam-
Mummy of Persians & Exotics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can't thank you enough forjazz!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
What a beautiful cat!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Tom Cat

What a beauty. He looks so regal in the last picture.

'Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece' - Leonardo da Vinci
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

At times when he is playing and focusing on an object intensely, his pupils enlarge to almost completely fill his eyes. They look like big black marbles. I'm trying to get a picture of him like that so I can post it. I just have to have my camera in the right place at the right time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page