Catnip!! And grumpy old cats... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Catnip!! And grumpy old cats...

Im guessing that the gland which effects cats with catnip is something they develop when they are a bit older? i remember when vienna was young, i gave her some and she never reacted, well i found some lying around the house ysday, thought id see if she likes it, well she loved it! Her kittens tho like when shewas that age didnt react, which makes me think more that they develop the glad/taste for it later.
Anyway heres 2 pix of her, rolling and loving it!

In this next one you can see how absolutly covered in it she was, just as a note incase anyone wonders, that little bald patch/hair growing back was where she was shaved to get spayed!

This next one is of pebbles, this was her face when isiah was playing with his elefpant, he throws it up in the air and catches it again, anyway in this instance it landed right next to pebbles, she is a grumpy miserble thing, she hisses and growls when ever any of the other cats come near her. Well when isiah kept ging close to get his toy she would start her little "Dont you come near me!" senario.
Does she look grumpy or what!?

And this one is of Lady Screech, just for the fun of it coz shes so **** pretty!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Banned

Oooh, Screech is getting so big and pretty! That's funny about Vienna, just rolling around without a care in the world. Cute pics.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Aww Vienna is so cute!
About the catnip, I think the reaction to it is connected with a sexual pleasure and that they do not develop a "taste" for it until they have reached sexual maturity. It was the same for Psi. As a kitten he could care less about the stuff but now that he is over 7 months, he can't get enough of it. Does Vienna eat it? That's what Samhain does and if she overdoses, she will throw up...so I just made square toys made of denim filled with catnip so she can't eat it, just slobber all over it and make the toy sopping wet, ewww.

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Lol yeah, her and pebbles will eat it, i dont put too much down bcause 1, the mess it makes and 2 incase i make them ill
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 02:14 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Evidently Pebbles didn't get a lift in his mood! He doesn't look like a happy camper. And poor Isaiah has no toy!

A bit of catnip on the cat's food is a tonic of sorts. Vienna looks as if she got into the "gin and tonic." LOL

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 05:36 PM
Jr. Cat

Same problem again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Im really sorry you cant see them nicolas, i have no where else i can upload them too, my internet server webspace is strictly for my website.

sorry
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Cat Addict

I'll temperarily put them on my web space so you can get a look at them, Nicolas. Everyone deserves a chance to look at these beautiful kitties.

I hope you don't mind, Zalensia.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Premier Cat

Vienna is going to have fun cleaning herself up after she has finished rolling around in her catnip! Pebbles sure looks grumpy in that picture though. Maybe we'll see a pic of Pebbles looking happier next time <<))
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

A happy pebbles?
I think **** would freeze over before that happens!
Padunk, no i dont mind thx, ill try and find some time to have alook around for sites that allow hotlinking today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page