Got breakaway collars and ID for the gang - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Got breakaway collars and ID for the gang

I've never bothered b/c the odds of them getting out AND not getting hit by a car AND someone else caring enough to look at their tags and call us seems quite small to me...But still. So did it today. The tags are printed with their name, our number, and "Reward." They're adjusting pretty well to the collars.

Xander:

Frodo:

Lemur:

Daisy, scary as ever:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Signature created by ForJazz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 04:42 PM
Cool Cat

My kitties are getting IDs for xmas I hope. With as much as my Oreo attempts to escape, it'd be a good idea!

Emily
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 11:39 AM
Premier Cat

i think every cat shouldnt be without a collar, if they do every get out for someone who finds your cat, its an instant thing to say "im owned by someone" even tho there is microchips ppl dont always think about that if they consider taking it in....
although there are always going to be the people who see a cat, take a fancy to it and take it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Premier Cat

Kristi, your cats look so cute with their collars!!
I wish Velvet would wear a collar. We bought her one and have tried it several times over the years. She goes absolutely nuts trying to get it off and I am always afraid she will harm herself. She is strictly indoors and no longer makes any effort to get out. So I figure the risk of her getting out isn't worth stressing her out with the collar.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Premier Cat

Your kitties look georgeous with their new collars, and great job with getting a different color for each kitty!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 02:22 AM
Cool Cat

i just got my new tag for cujo today! all it says is: cujo, i have a microchip. i move so often it wouldn't make sense to put our address or number on it. but i can keep the microchip updated! now, hopefully, if he gets out and someone is kind enough to look at his tag, they will know about microchips!

-faile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

artistry by ForJazz
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 10:40 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
kristie, Xander is looking AMAZING!! He's SO CUTE how he stands with his left arm in front of him. What a brave guy!

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Hey, thanks, Tanyuh! He does look so much better now (less Frankenstein-y) since his hair has started growing in. He bunny-hops around happily enough...

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 05:00 PM
Cat Addict

Very nice!

I kinda think cats look even better with collars on.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Well, Xanny got his collar in his mouth and got stuck and it wouldn't breakaway like it's supposed to. I guess b/c he's not big and strong enough? Or I guess b/c it got over his mouth and once inside didn't have enough pressure to break the clasp? Well, we got it off him and I will wait until he's a little bigger to put it back on. It was already as tight as it would adjust. Sigh. I hate to think of him getting stuck like that one day when we're not here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page