Here's my cat Krusty with my baby turtle Shaggy. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Here's my cat Krusty with my baby turtle Shaggy.

Krusty loves this little turtle Shaggy. One time he was tipped over on the top of his shell and I was in the other room and Krusty came up to me meowing and lookin towards the tank and something told me to go look and so I did and sure enough there was little Shaggy struggling to get back over. If Krusty wasn't a good babysitter then Shaggy would've drowned.

Cats are like potato chips.... you can't have just one!!! >^..^<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Cat

welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you here!!! Your babies are both very adorable! They seem to get along, and You must be proud!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad kitty doesn't put turtle in his mouth

They look so cute together and Krusty reminds me of a little shorter haired Twinkie, they're both dusky Twinkie colored!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 09:03 PM
Jr. Cat

that turtle is so small next to the cat. bet the cat cant wait for the turtle to get big so he can have a ride.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hi,
The baby turtle is only the size of a half dollar. The cat really likes him. I have 3 other turtles too that are bigger. They range from 3 to 4 inches. The little baby one had a rough start at life. When I got him he still had an egg tooth and he was very sick. His eyes were swollen shut. I brought him to a reptile vet and she gave him a 5% chance of living. He had stopped eating and was just in bad shape. Well she gave me meds for him and he is ALOT better. I call him my miracle turtle cuz he pulled through. She told me he must have a strong will to live. He is getting so much bigger and eats like a horse and loves to swim around. He crawls over to Krusty when I let him run around and Krusty just lays there and watches him. Krusty even lets him crawl on him. Its the cutest thing.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Senior Cat

how cute!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 06:59 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
How funny and cute! I love unusual pet friends.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 01:20 AM
Cat Addict

What is the baby's turtle name? I love it it is so delicate and yet so strong. Pus to see him with Krusty - that is a splendor

explore, doubt and discover for yourself what is the truth.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hi,
The baby turtle's name is Shaggy. I have 3 other turtles too.. Freddie, Daphne, and Velma. I'm a Scooby Doo fan... Can't you tell!!!! lol I think Krusty really took a liking to the baby turtle. He lets him crawl on him and he's my babysitter. lol Maybe he senses the baby turtle had a bad start at life but is now almost 100% better. The turtle has parasites which he will always have but the vet says it is only transmitted to other turtles not my cat. I made sure of that. Plus my cat doesn't lick him or anything. If I knew it was "contagious" I definetly wouldn't let my cat near him. Krusty is my whole world. I love my cat more than anything!

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 04:20 AM
Cat Addict

I love the names. Are the other baby turtles having problems or is it only Shaggy? I am so happy he is doing beter. And what a great adoptive parent Krusty is!

explore, doubt and discover for yourself what is the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page