New to forum me and my kitten morris - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

New to forum me and my kitten morris

Hello every one!

New to forum and just wanted to share my cat. My cats name is morris and he is now 7 months old. I got him back in August from a friend and he took a female for himself. I posted a few pic of him in the members area under morris. He is my little buddy and I love him very much he is like my child
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Welcome, Morris. Do you have two cats then?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

No but I would like to find a friend for him he is an inside cat I had him fixed and declawed and his back ones clipped. My best friend who lives down the street took one of the females and now he has three cats and 2 pups
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Premier Cat

I'm guessing declawing was suggested to you? Please read this:
https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t ... =declawing This is one of many threads on the subject.

What's done is done. I hope you have no problems. It's a shame you weren't a member before it was done. I'm glad you're with us now. Do you have a picture of Morris?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I live in an apt building and I was told that he had to be an inside cat and only out side on a leash so we had him declawed when he was younger buy a laser one day process but when he came home later in the day my wife stepped on his paw and it was bleeding that was on christmas day I was so hurt we took him in and they told us it was normal and he will heal. he is so hyper i didnt want it done but we really had no choice i didnt want to get him fixed but my wifes friend talked her into it. so we had it all done at the same time as his shots. hes fine now and can be very demanding of his attention but i dont mind.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Premier Cat

I'm sure you don't mind! He loves you! I'm glad he's doing well. Some cats have "phantom" pain in the parts of the paw that were removed. Those kittens often have behaviour problems. That's why nany of us are so adamant about not declawing. Almost all of us have indoor cats too.

Jeanie

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum and Morris is a cutie... all I have to say about the paw stepping thing is "OUCH"! I'm sure that really hurt, but glad that he is fine now.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
If I'm not mistaken, the laser declawing process is much more humane. It's fairly new, and pretty expensive. If you had done the one I am thinking of, they actually only remove the claw -- not the bone, and it heals very fast and there is much less pain involved. The kitty still won't be able to defend itself if it escapes into the wild, but at least he doesn't have all his fingers amputated. Is this what you had done?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Cat Addict

MrPurryMotors is a big advocate of the laser de-claw technique.

You can read what he has to say in this topic:
https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0

If I ever decided to declaw, this looks the way to go.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

I had the dilema about whether or not to declaw my baby. We ended up not doing it but like I heard one day, "It's better to have a clawless cat with a home than to have a homeless cat with claws." So, if you have to declaw a cat in order to keep him/her, i'm all for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page