Andie's half tail... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Andie's half tail...

not sure if i ever told you guys that Andie has a birth defect. She was born with a very short tail. Its pretty goofy looking, but I love i. Its kind of bent at the end too, so my friend calls her "candy cane tail." LOL. Check it out Andie doesnt mind.. she thinks cats wih normal tails are weird!

And here she is trying to climb into my broken dresser... yes I need to fix it.. although she would be upset if I did... lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Banned

I wonder what he's looking for in there?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Premier Cat

Japanese Bobtails have the bent bone in their tails. Maybe there is a bit of JB in your kitty? Not a birth defect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Premier Cat

She's still such a cutie. I can't believe all this time I didn't know about that. Oh well now I know
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Wow, do you guys think Andie could be part Japanese bobtail?? Thats interesting, wonder how I could find out. I just always thought it was a defect b/c thats what the guy at the pet store told my mom when she bought her for me. He also said no one wanted her b/c her tail is "messed up." I thought that was SO mean! He told my mom her mom was Siamese, but Andie sure doesnt look Siamese to me.

I heard that female orange tabby cats are not too common. I think my vet told me that.. is that true, or am I imagining things??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Nope, you're right. Orange tabby females are quite uncommon, though not terribly rare as several people I know (including you) have one, and I myself have one.

Andie's tail is cute! Beeper has an almost indentically short tail, I should take a picture of it sometime. It's so wierd with three long-tailed cats now, and Beeper with her lil' stub
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Premier Cat

My Japanese Bobtail Tess has the funny tail. She is calico in color. She likes to talk alot like Siamese which always made me wonder if Siamese were in the breed of Japanese Bobtail.. I dont know if there are any JB breeders on this board or someone who knows more about them that could help you determine.

I highly suspect your kitty is atleast part just cuz of the unique tail! Im not sure what colors JB come in.. I guess I should know more since I have one!!!!! Geesh ,little did the guy know from the pet store this is a highly prized trait for Andie
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I highly suspect your kitty is atleast part just cuz of the unique tail! Im not sure what colors JB come in.. I guess I should know more since I have one!!!!! Geesh ,little did the guy know from the pet store this is a highly prized trait for Andie

Oh how fun, Andie might be even more special than I thought!! I always knew my little girl was unique! I looked up some pictures of Japanese Bobtail cats online and their tails are very short... Andie's is short, but not as short as theirs. Hhhmmmmm... now I am so curious!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Premier Cat

I saw a few Japanese Bobtails at a small cat show here in Tucson. They had tails that were short but not round. There were a few with pom pom like tails But I think it can have a bit of length and is OK. The breeder I talked to said it was the bend in the bone of the tail that let you know it was a JB.. I think a bit of lenght is OK but Im not an expert on this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
I heard that female orange tabby cats are not too common. I think my vet told me that.. is that true, or am I imagining things??
My mother also has a female orange tabby. (The only one I had ever heard of before the cat forum.) She says something like 98% of orange tabbies are male!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page