Lounge Lizards... I mean... Cats! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Lounge Lizards... I mean... Cats!

I got a digital camera for Xmas (seems to be a trend, a lot of people's recent posts say they got a new camera too!), and I've been going crazy taking pics of my fur kids. I got some great ones of my Rottie puppy running in a pasture and ones (below) of Roddy and Tiny being lounge lizards.

Hot Rod in his "donut." He's in Steele's crate in these pics. At first, I had to put him in there because he was having potty accidents quite a bit before I could get him to the vet. Now he goes in there because he likes to sleep on Steele's blankies (the last pic).

"Donut" close-up. I love the way he sleeps! He looks like a fuzzy marshmellow...

This is from today, after he decided that Steele's blankies are more comfy than his own "donut" or his fluffy comforter next to the fridge. [sigh] Cats are like kids, y'know... buy them the expensive toy and they just want to play with the box...

I was playing a video game and Tiny decided we was going to "help." I love taking pictures of him, he's so photogenic.

Another pic about 2 seconds after the first one. He's sleeping on my legs, in case anyone was wondering what the blue-jeaned things are. That pink and grey thing in the background is not a people-bed, BTW, it's Silver's dog bed. I made it myself!

Later on that night. He's so weird... Ignore my boyfriend's rear end in the pic. He wouldn't get out of the way.

I guess boyfriends are useful for something, because he took this one and the next. Tiny looks so comfy. I wish I had a giant pair of legs to sleep on if it's that comfy!

Long kitty!!! He stayed there through the whole movie we watched last night. He missed the whole thing!

-mynee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 02:38 PM

Your cats are pretty....but I want to see your Rottie too!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 03:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
What sweet, sweet babies!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Aw, I love to share photos of my precious black and tan! Here are some I took of him chasing the EZGO cart:

We're at my grandparents' house out in the country. Steele loves to run and chase, so we taught him to chase "the cart." I was worried at first that he would learn to think that all moving vehicles were chase-carts. But he seems to understand that the EZGO is only one of two chase-carts.

It was really COLD on Xmas day, so my brother and cousin were bundled up (they're the ones on the cart). Steele didn't mind one bit! (the blue house belongs to the neighbors. We're on a hill, so the road can't be seen, but Steele can jump the 5-foot wide cattle guard that goes to it)

We stopped to let him take a breather (he'll run himself to the ground if we don't), and when we started again, I got into the bed part of the cart to take pics of him running alongside us.

Who loves to run? STEELE DOES!!!

Last one before we went in. He ended up getting back up at the house before we did. What that means is either Rotties are faster than most people think, or the EZGO is reeeaaally slow. He can outrun my bro's 4-wheeler (another chase-cart), so I'm willing to bet that I wouldn't WANT to have to run from him. Maybe that sign I have one my back gate is almost accurate...

(The sign on my back gate)

One more. This one is at my house. He has such a pretty head!

-mynee
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Banned

Did you ever get up when Tiny was sleeping on you? Hot Rod looks good enough to eat, mmm, marshmallow , lol , j/k . Steele is cute too!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 06:54 AM
Banned

Those pics of Tiny are SO adorable! And Steele is fab, how old is he?

Ems x
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I did get up between the first pics that I took of Tiny and the later ones. He likes to lay on people instead of kitty beds. Roddy loves blankies and pet beds, so we leave those around for him. Tiny's sleeping habits remind me a lot of my previous Manx. Austin did a lot of things the same way, except he sucked his "thumb" when he settled down on someone. As for Steele's age... he was 14 months old on Dec. 20th.... So that makes him about 14.5 months old or so. He's still a bit on the shrimpy, scrawny side for a year old, intact male, but I want him to grow slow so that he will have a less likelihood of developing joint problems later in life. He's my precious baby, but right now I am extremely upset with him and his older "sister," Silver. I left them in the backyard last night to keep an eye on my neighbors. I don't trust my neighbors and Steele and Sil together sound like they mean business, even though they most likely wouldn't try to apprehend someone. Well, they kept my neighbors out of the yard, but the dogs themselves broke into the house (Sil knows how to open the sliding glass doors) and Steele tore my dad's bedroom APART. I mean, he didn't leave one corner untouched. Luckily, the bedroom door was closed and they didn't have the chance to get in and tear the rest of the house apart. Thank God for SMALL miracles! A shredded bedroom is NOT what I wanted to come home to today, but these things fall under the category of "sh*t happens" (pardon my coarse language). Well... oh well.

-mynee
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 04:53 AM
Premier Cat

I love the way Tiny is sleeping, but now I can't see the rest of the pics
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Oops! I forgot to re-route all of my picture posts. I re-organized my PhotoBucket account. I'll fix that!

-mynee
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

There we go! All fixed up for everyone to enjoy!! Thanks for the heads-up, I forgot that if I moved pictures around, I needed to change the link on pictures I posted, too.

-mynee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page