Home at last! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Home at last!

just some pics I took since my boy had been home I missed him sooo much whilst we visited family over Christmas. Is staying put next year

Sleepy kitty

(please forgive the yuccky me in this pic - I was ill at time )

Posing

Looking camp :O

Playing

AND FINALLY....

we bought some flat pack furniture today - Dylan helped unpack in his own unique way

enjoy

Hayley x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Kitten

Aww

He's a gorgeous boy, with simply lovely eyes, I can totally understand why you missed him so much, he looks very happy to be back with his mummy too!

Purr...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Yay! Dylan! He's so pretty, and so big, too! Wonderful to see him as always!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to BaileyAndSammi
Oooh! You have Catit! Bailey and Sammi are jealous!

Pretty kitty too.

<3
Roze
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Banned

Dylan piccies!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
AWwww!! I saw some wonderful Maine Coons at a cat show this weekend and it reminded me of Dylan! Good to see pics of him.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Cool Cat

Dylan's gorgeous! he really loves you.. welcome home
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
thanks all

Dylan seems pretty pleased to be back and back to normal other than one thing.... He's not eating as much as he should... and he isn't as interested in his wet food like he used to be... It's worrying me a little bit but he is still eating food but he is a *tad* underweight

Despite telling the cattery EXACTLY What he eats they were giving him Iams dry food

Any suggestions to get his eating up are well appreciated! Dylan sends licks and kitty snuggles

Hayley x x
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylansMummy
thanks all

Dylan seems pretty pleased to be back and back to normal other than one thing.... He's not eating as much as he should... and he isn't as interested in his wet food like he used to be... It's worrying me a little bit but he is still eating food but he is a *tad* underweight

Despite telling the cattery EXACTLY What he eats they were giving him Iams dry food

Any suggestions to get his eating up are well appreciated! Dylan sends licks and kitty snuggles

Hayley x x
So where was he staying -- you said a cattery. How did you figure out which one to leave him at, how long was he there, what was it like, and how much did that cost, if you don't mind my asking.

Sometimes fishy foods are good for getting cats re-interested in food. I'm sure you know that you don't want to keep feeding him lots of these, but to get his appetite back, the smellier the better.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
So where was he staying -- you said a cattery. How did you figure out which one to leave him at, how long was he there, what was it like, and how much did that cost, if you don't mind my asking.
Its cool - ask away

I made a list of every cattery etc in Edinburgh and phoned round each one... Some weren't open over Xmas so that eliminated them from the start and some others I phoned up just didn't "sound" nice and friendly...

This one sounded really good, she gave me the website address to look at which had pics of the pens the cats stay in and asked me lots and lots about Dylan (Including EXACTLY what he ate and stuff). She breeds cats too and was just really enthusiastic and made me feel at ease because she seemed to know what she was doing.

When we left him it was very cold outside but warm in his pen - we left his toys, blanket etc and I knew he was scared cos he wanted to be picked up and gave me "the vet look" (ie. he looks at me worriedly and doesn't lick, purr, meow, head butt - anything... he does it at the vet a lot lol) I didn't meet the owner but the girl she employs re-assured me he'd soon adjust and be fine. She also asked his breed, age etc and complimented him on how gorgeous he was. The other cats nearby seemed well looked after, the pens were clean and well kept.

When we left - I cried (soppy Mummy) and I really didn't want to leave him for so long (10 days in all) I paid £6 a day, they provide heating, litter etc and all food unless they have something specific but as they had Dylan's food I didn't need to take anything...

When we picked him up we met the owner who AGAIN asked his breed to which she replied "I thought so" and asked how old he was (about 9mths) She was under the impression he was 18mths but thought it was wrong because his coat wasn't fully in yet. Anyways we are chatting away and we go and get him. He's chipper enough and a bit heavier and bigger. So as we were putting him in the carrier she asked what I fed him (AGAIN) so I told her. Then she mentioned they had been giving him Iams and that she thought his food needed increasing (Because he was "On the light side") I explained we had discussed it etc but decided not to mess with his food too much before going into the cattery as it may disturb him too much. Anyways we left cos again it was cold and we were all tired and eager to get home.

He of course was funny the first couple of days but I tried to re-introduce him as smoothly as possible. But he is still not eating much... The food he had before and normally loved he seems to turn his nose up at. I reluctantly bought some Iams died food to see if he ate that more - he ate it but not readily...

Don't think I'll let him go back there though. No matter how much they liked my kitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page