Adoptables from work :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Adoptables from work :)

Now that I'm in the process of getting our hospital on Petfinder.com, I decided to go ahead and get the pictures taken.

The kitties weren't in the mood to pose, so these are a little blah, but new ones will probably come tomorrow

First up is our resident kitty Tilty, aka Tilt-a-Whirl. He's been with us a couple of months. He's got a head tilt and we aren't sure why. Sweet as can be, such a lap cat. When he gets his "free time" in the afternoon, he doesn't spend it playing or exploring, he finds a cozy lap and curls up in it.

"What's over there?"

"oooh, and what's THAT?"

"Is it just me, or is the room a little slanted?"

Then we have Guido. I don't know his story. He's been with us a few days and is super fiesty! Young, fluffy and extremely playful.

"oh oh oh... I see kittens!!"

"fluffy tail!!"

And the kitten... this is Sally. Or as she's more affectionately known "eww... ringworm kitty!" So far she's in the clear, but we've got to wait a few more weeks to be sure. Until then, she doesn't get as much attention as she deserves. Poor thing.

We've got doggies too if anyone wants to see them

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Aww, I wanna se the doggies! The kitties are soo cute - especially Tilty and the kitten!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Premier Cat

I think Tilty's coat is so short and thick looking. I love Guido's splotches too and of course the kitten is cute as can be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Cool Cat

definitely show the doggies I really like the orange cat, his description soulds great
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to Puma Send a message via MSN to Puma Send a message via Yahoo to Puma
Ohhhh I want to see the doggie too! Because I loved seeing these little cuties. Your comments made me laugh. That kitten is adorable.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Senior Cat

Guido looks like a little Fressian cow. I want him!!!! Unfortunately I'm several hundred miles away!

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I'm still working on getting the animals to sit still long enough to take GOOD pictures of them. *sigh*

My camera has a delay on it that makes me miss any good pose when they decide to look away. So these are just the ones I got that were decent.

My favorite of Guido:

And now for the doggies!!

This is Dory. She's a young (under a year) yellow lab. She was found wandering the streets, probably hit by a car. The scars on her head were old when they found her. Its hard to imagine what in the world happened to this poor girl. Once she's been out playing for a while, she's a nice dog, but otherwise she's crazy! We're working on her jumping and making very slow progress. She also pees in her kennel constantly. I think she may have some sort of damage to her brain... but she could probably improve with the right home.

Run run run!

This one you can see some of the scars on her head.

Next up is Ivan. He was a stray, heartworm positive, went through treatment and got the snip . He's very dog aggressive but would rather keep his distance than fight... he just growls a heck of a lot when they get too near. Otherwise, a sweet boy. Very loving and happy to lay in your lap all day to get his tummy rubbed He had a home for a little while, but the woman "couldn't handle him" so she gave him back... about 15lbs heavier than when he left!! So he's on a diet and getting plenty of long walks.

Pretty boy...

Aww come on lady! Its time for breakfast!!

And then we have Tucker. He came to us a long time ago as a young pup and stayed for some time. This was before I worked there though. He had a home for about 8 months, when his owner finally turned him back to us because he had attacked her dog twice (they never got along well). He's been back with us since early September and is getting worse and worse in his aggression toward other dogs and cats. I think he's slowly going kennel crazy. Outside he's sweet and playful. A woman I work with took him home once, but he chased her cats. She's wanting to try him again. She honestly doesn't have the money or space (lives in a trailer with her two sons, a small dog, and three kittens already). He really needs a home

Big smile!

Let me in, I wanna eat!!

And lasty is our little girl Twiggy. She came to us severely underweight, nothing but skin and bones... the skinniest little thing I've ever seen with my own eyes. She was with us for about a month and went from around 14lbs up to 22lb! She's very sweet, will curl up on your lap all day. She's very submissive though and immediately lays flat on the floor when you bend down to pet her. She may have been abused. Someone at work took her for a few days, but has to convincer her husband that he wants her as much as she does... so she's back with us until that happens or someone else decides to take her.

We honestly have no guess of a single breed she's made of... a strange little pup. None of the other pictures came out that good...

Jessie

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

And some success stories

This is Simon. I LOVE this dog!! He came to us Tuesday I believe, found wandering around. I think he's an older dog, but the vet says 2 or 3 at the latest... He'll gently jump up and put his paws on your waist or shoulders and give you hugs!! He loves to be outside being brushed, getting belly rubs, playing fetch. We've had to literally carry him back inside a few times because he'll flatten himself out and refuse to go back in! Breaks my heart to hear him howl when he's back in his run

Shortly after he arrived, he found a home! Since we techincally placed him with a Golden Retriever rescue, they said he had to go through their three week foster program (after he leaves next week once he's neutered) but since then I've heard he can go straight home since he was never actually AT the rescue. Either way, he's got a very good home all set up for him

And these are three of our kittens. Once known as Draino and Plumber (siblings found in storm drains) they are now Spazmic Kitty and Punkin. Adopted by our receptionist and immediately declawed . Punkin (the GORGEOUS calico) was very fearful of humans and would hiss and spit when we walked by... is now just a love bug! They've both grown so much. They're staying the weekend with their new sister Novarra (previously Brigadoon) who was a stray with all sorts of problems. She's fine now and her spay/declaw is being scheduled.... at least they have a good home.

Spazmic and Punkin (I just love her coat!!)

and Novarra (being shy hiding in the back)

Jessie

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Premier Cat

Awe.....Looking at Tilty made me sad....reminds me of my Bosco.

Tell your co-worker to please be careful with Tucker! It's not worth the risk! My Bosco was killed by a dog I had in foster care.
My guilt will never leave me!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
Guido is gorgeous! I love that medium-length fur. And I think Sally went piddle on the green shirt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page