Can anyone tell me what my mom and dad was? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Can anyone tell me what my mom and dad was?

Can anyone help identify what might be in this cat? She came to us over the summer. One afternoon she came strolling into the yard. She was very shy but after a little coaxing she came over to say hi.

At the time she was very thin and covered in fleas. With her age and size, she had a lot to look out for living on her own. Seing that we already had two cats, we not really could not bring her in before getting her fleas under control and making sure she was healthy. Besides, 3 cats?? So we feed her. My girlfriend works for a vet so the next day she brought home some flea drop and some stuff to test her. The test all turned up negative so after the flea were taken care of she came inside and hasn't seen the outside since.

Now for her personality. She is very VERY independent. By this I don't mean she doesn't like people, quite the contrary. When you come in the door she is the first one out to see whom it is. Most of the time she will be in the same room with you but does not want you to mess with her. On a rare occasion she will actually come up and ask for attention. After a couple minutes of that she is done. She doesn't talk much but will if she has something to say (give me a treat) and then she has a very soft little voice.

To me it looks like she has Siamese in her. Maybe some long hair variety if it exists. Not that it really matters what she may have in her, she has caught our hearts either way. It’s just I have never seen a cat that looks quite like it.

Here are a few more pictures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
maybe a Birman... and a Domestic Short hair... looks like some pedigree cat who bred with a stray or something... points would suggest siamese, Birman, ragdoll... I would say Birman tho.

She is definately a cutie regardless of who her parents were
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Tom Cat

she has the markings of a torti point siamese. Which is kind of a contradiction since the Siamese breed doesn't accept torti points. BUT The oriential colorpoint long hair has torti points....but a different body type than your kitten. Maybe some ragdoll in her genes? whatever she is, she is beautiful!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks for looking. About the only thing that I was able to find online that looked close was a Traditional Balinese. But then that didn't look quite right. I doesn't really matter since she is a real sweetheart even if she wants us to leave her alone most of the time.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Banned

that's definitely a cute cat! you're lucky she picked you
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
She looks like a Siamese to me. I don't think her fur is long enough to be a Balinese. The Classic and Applehead Siamese do not have a wedge shaped head.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to Puma Send a message via MSN to Puma Send a message via Yahoo to Puma
Yes I agree I think she has some siamese in her, but whatever you are both lucky that you found eachother, she is just gorgeous!!!!!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
This little girl is very pretty. It's true that most organizations do not accept tortie points, However, some people still breed for torties, flame points, etc. The four colors accepted by all are sealpoint, chocolate point, blue point, and lilac.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Banned

She's beautiful, my mum has a tortie point Siamese....

Ems x
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Premier Cat

She is beautiful, and looks part Siamese to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page