Outdoor Kitty - Not Ours - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Outdoor Kitty - Not Ours

This extremely friendly cat shows up in our backyard about every two weeks or so. No collar, so I have no idea who she belongs to, but she's always very clean and seems to spend more time indoors than out. I've never seen her out front or by the street, which is odd, but that's the way I prefer it. I'd feel awful if someone hit her. I gave her some treats today and she ended up coming to the backdoor screen where my sheltered Madison began to approach! I had to cut her off at the pass, because my cat scares this outdoor cat to death when she hisses at it. Funny thing is, my cat is a chicken, bigtime. She'd run if the cat came towards her, LOL

My mom picked it up in case my pics weren't coming out and held it so I could get it straight on. I doesn't really mind being picked up at all. It's also very vocal and just rubs against your legs and rolls on the ground It's very cute. If you can see the dark color around the one side of it's chin/mouth; It makes it look like she's biting the side of her's lip like people do!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:55 AM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Luv_My_Cats Send a message via Yahoo to Luv_My_Cats
Cute kitty, maybe she is an indoor cat that sneeks out on occasion.

--Elaina, mom to furbabies Sadie,Peaches and Namir
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Dunno. It seems she's only really out on the weekends. Not sure I've seen her during the week, but maybe once. She definitely knows her way around all the backyards. She's the only outdoor cat I've ssen around here, but I guess there's a black one with a white face I haven't seen. Hopefully it doesn't get into a fight with this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 AM
Cat

What a nice little visitor! How cute! Does sound like she is used to people. Maybe her parents let her outside on the weekend when they are not at work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to spamlet
sorry to be a spoil sport, but my friend had a cat, who moved house after somone down the road started feeding her, and she was deverstated. she let the cat stay with the lady as it seemed happy enougth. I think it's best not to feed cats that come to your house, it seems sad that she may decide she likes your food better and leave her owners behind
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamlet
I think it's best not to feed cats that come to your house, it seems sad that she may decide she likes your food better and leave her owners behind
Yes, but, there is always a concern that your outdoor cat may up and disappear, and that's why collars and tags are so important .
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Premier Cat

What a cute kitty, I also have a black kitty that I feed treats to all the time. He runs up 3 flights of stairs to get it, so sweet
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Well, it was just treats. Once I didn't go back outside, it went off into someone else's yard. My opinion is that anyone could take this cat and keep it for themselves. If people don't want their cat "stolen" then they should keep them inside or at least put a tag on it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Banned

Trust me we tried putting a collar on our Baby but it keeps on getting lost (4 times!) this is when she is outside. If the cat is friendly then I'm guessing its someone's cat or a stray. The only way to find out is by microchip (ours has one).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page