My three introduce themselves (long!) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

My three introduce themselves (long!)

Mom says that if we are going to change our personalities every day then we should just introduce ourselves! So here it goes…

My name is Esprit. I am the princess and general ruler of the household. I have also been with mom the longest. I was found by a rescue organization living under a car with my feral mom and brother and sister (oh yeah, my sister lives here now too, but it is much more important to hear about me, I’m pretty great!).

(Who me? Yes I am pretty , that is why my adoring fans take so many pictures!)

So I went to live with my family at a shelter when I was about 6 months old. Momma cat taught us that when we are scared we should HISS SMACK. So that is what we did, until one day a lady that came to the shelter to visit us found me hiding out in my favourite cupboard under the sink. She said “why does this pretty little baby not have a nice blanket to lie on?” Well she tried to give me one and found out exactly why I did not have a blanket to lie on…. HISS SMACK! But she did not take that for an answer and instead showed me brush. Brush did not flinch away from HISS SMACK, in fact brush would touch my cheeks, and felt so good, wow I love brush!
(now I have a very big blanket to lie on)

So I learned how to be a princess, and then one day the lady took me home and became my Mom! She said that she only had one furbaby at home, a black 3-year-old named Sky. I LOVED Sky, he was so wonderful and taught me how to explore the house and be not so scared.
(Me gazing adoringly at my favourite guy)

I only got to live with Sky for a month and a half though. Then one day Sky wouldn’t walk anymore and mom wrapped him up in his favourite bed and his favourite blanket and took him away. She said that he had to go over the Bridge because we couldn’t make him feel better anymore. I was sad to be alone.

I’m Scarlet, and that’s where I come in! (Uh oh, Esprit is giving me dirty looks, I might get smacked for taking over the introduction!) Mom waited a couple months until she had found something called ‘work’ (we have not a clue what this might mean). Then I got to see my sister again. I was about a year and a half and still pretty feral. Now I’m happy (and a bit rolly polly). In fact Mom calls me ‘angel’ because I’m such a good girl

(OK, sometimes I torture my new brother or smack mom a bit, but they deserve it). I just like doing my own thing for the most part, Mom says she loves how I play with my pipecleaners like I have never seen one before, or how I just take myself off and start kneading and purring. Mom says I am the most skittish around her, but also the bravest in general and I have the sweetest expression. Mom also says that she needs more pictures of me since I have only been around since August and she doesn’t have something called a digital camera.

(me, as usual, doing my own thing)

Speaking of a lack of pictures, I’m Fawkes, I’m the boy! I LOVE Mom!! I didn’t always love Mom though. I was living outside for a long time, it was cold and I was hungry. I found this place where there was a food dish outside. That was great, so I stopped by there a lot. Then it got REALLY cold. (Mom says –50C) I was January 16th and Mom borrowed a trap, and boy did I fall for that! I was pretty upset for a month or so… shredding carpet and window screens in the room I was put in. Mom thought that she would just let me be, get me fixed and all that and then let me figure things out for myself… and three weeks ago I did, all of a sudden I figured it out… this is HEAVEN!
(I don’t really hide under the bed anymore, sheesh Mom get with the times!)

Now all I’m going to do is be a big Teddy bear. I love to sit on Mom, meow at Mom, be with Mom. Mom says I really have to work on my manners; I also tend to sit on my new sisters, or roll on them and stuff. Then I get smacks. So Mom needs to get one of those digital cameras so she can show off pictures of me being a smushy red teddy bear instead of these silly photos of me when I was still feral.

(Yeah I was still feral here and lookin’ a bit stressed. Mom was sneaky with this picture!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Banned

Nice fur!! Nice markings!! Pretty kitties!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to SammyO
Great story, thanks for sharing with us! Sky is a gorgeous cat. Yes, "mom" you need a digital so we can see more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Premier Cat

I loved to hear how you got your kittys. How great! I think Esprite might qualify for the big kitty thread here! Or is that all fur?? You have a patient big heart to bring your kitty family around to be living with you! Yes you need a digital camera. Cant wait to see more pictures.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Banned

I love Esprit! Are you sure she and Baby are not separated at birth? So cute & so are the others . Fawkes is so funny, first under the bed then on top of the bed .
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Premier Cat

I loved your little story, I'm so sad to hear about Sky though. All of your babies are beautiful
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 11:41 PM
d_b
Cat

That was agreat story and beautiful cats. Hope there are more stories in the future.

If you can't spoil a pet, there is no use in having one.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
I *heart* Fawkes!! He is beautiful. <3333333 He's not orange, he's GOLDEN! What a beauty. And I don't know if you named him after the phoenix in Harry Potter, but I'm a fan!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess
I think Esprite might qualify for the big kitty thread here! Or is that all fur??
Uh oh, don't say that too loud.... *looks around* I might get smacked! LOL! Esprit and her sister have slightly round bodies, but Esprit is actually pretty petite. She is the smallest of the three, Scarlet has 2 pounds on her! Esprit is about 9-10 pounds, and VERY fluffy!!! She keeps her fur well groomed so it is as poofy as possible! (She also might have been separated at birth from some of the other poofy princesses on the forum, don't want the princess cats all concentrated in one area!! )

Thanks for all the great comments about my babies! I think that I will have to start calling Fawkes my golden boy Forjazz! He is named after the Phoenix in HArry Potter I like to be a little different, and it just fit for so many reasons! Now that his personality just 'popped' out of his feral shell I think it has yet another meaning. I have to get more pictures of him though as I only have three on my old film camera (pennies being put in the jar for a digital!)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
It's a great name, and a great ending to the story. He's a true phoenix I guess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page