The Herd: Caught a 'Bee Update 4/25/05 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

The Herd: Caught a 'Bee Update 4/25/05

As some of you know, I've gotten a trap and have started trapping some of the stray/ferals that hang out here. The first was Cracker-Jack; got him neutered, a rabies shot and let him go. He still comes around at night......he stays away from the trap though
I set the trap again last night and thought for sure I'd get Meeko because he was up on the table where the trap is before I could even walk away. Meeko's a smart one though, he let little Honeybee get in there instead. Got Honeybee. Took the 'Bee up to isolation w/the usual food, water, 'box. Took the catch to the vet when I got home today ( I was lucky, 'Bee was laying in a carrier we keep in the room). 'Bee had to be sedated in order to examine HIM.....yes, it's a boy!!!! Poor guy, he has a sore on his left leg, and his long hair is so matted that it started peeling off at the skin. The vet said they'll shave him while he's under getting fixed. He'll get tested for FeLV and if that's ok, he gets fixed, a FeLV and rabies vac, a nice shave, and come back to a permanent home. Here are a couple of pics from last night.

He was not happy.....and not feeling very good either.

This is the sore on his back leg. Vet said it was probably a bite that he'd licked raw.

I'll get more pics after I get him back tomorrow.

spike481
Herdmaster of 16 Cats & 1 Dog

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Banned

So, is limyer coming up with another name for "Honeybee"?
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Gee.....how'd you know? Actually, she might just leave this one up to me

spike481

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Cat

NEVER!!!! We have a male cat named Dandelion why can't he be a honeybee? Cashmere? pistachio(before they are dyed red) latte? Au lait? Lots of good names I like honeybee and Spike said he was about as busy as a little bee! Look I wasn't around when the old man got his nickname and he got SPIKE! I really like him He is sooo cute. I love his little honey colored body! Wish I was home to welcome him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Banned

That poor cat is going to be the laughingstock of the neighborhood. He's going to have to fight all the other boy cats because he's so embarrassed!!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Dandelion only comes out of your mouth.....he's Dandy, Dandrew, Dandyman, or just D. Anyway, like I said on the phone, he was mad as a hornet. He's gonna be really urinated since they shaved him.

** Just an update, vet said he was FeLV neg ......so he got neutered and shaved. I couldn't get back to the vet before they closed to pick him up though. Oh well, on my way home tomorrow.

spike481

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
LOL I love how "urinated" shows up in posts occasionally when people forget the censorship features on here. In fact, I like it way more than the actual "p-word" now. I might start using it on purpose.

Back on topic - Honeybee, or "H-dawg" as we'll have to call him, sure is handsome. I hope his test comes back okay so that we can keep him around for a while. And Spike, I really think you do a great thing, in case I haven't told you.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to k_lo86
I just wanted to let you know that I am glad that you are doing this for the safety of all the cats. It is a great thing what you are doing! THANKS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to icklemiss21 for this awesome sig and avatar!!!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Banned

Hmm... here I was thinking that the herd caught a real bee , but it was just Honeybee (such a cute name) . I love his colours .
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Premier Cat

Honeybee is so handsome and poofy, I think him and Twinkie could be good friends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page