Meet Barbie! *updated 5/7 - RIP sweet girl* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Meet Barbie! *updated 5/7 - RIP sweet girl*

Although the kittens are super cute and we love them all to pieces, we've got another cat with us that breaks our hearts.

She came in about a week ago... skinnier than anything I've ever seen, old as dirt and looking pitiful. She was laying on the side of the road and someone stopped to see if she was even alive, she was barely there. They brought her to us and we're slowly nursing her to health. She's been vomitting on a regular basis because of how severely malnourished she was, she's just not used to eating. I think she's finally levelled out to where she can eat a few small meals a day and keep it all down.

Her hair was extremely matted and smelled horrible, so we shaved her down and have given her THREE baths so far, but she keeps pooing on her towel and laying in it Since she's so naked, she gets chilled easily and we keep water bottles in her cage to keep her warm. Someone had an idea - so we went out and bought a bunch of baby onesies to keep her warm! She earned the name Barbie because she's got quite the wardrobe already, and she seems to like the clothes

Anyway - that's her story. One of the techs seems to really like her. She takes her out to wander around, feeds her, all sorts of spoiling. She's a very sweet cat who loves to be touched, but she's just in such bad shape...

She has a really stylish black sweater... but I haven't had a chance to take her picture in it yet

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Jr. Cat

Poor cat ! She seems to be a resilient cat after all she went through... How old is she ?
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
The vets estimated her around 10, don't know what they based it on.

She has about 4 teeth left in her, and they're all worn down. She can still chomp up some dry food though, actually prefers it to the canned.

We gave her fluids the first day she was here, and even since then have been able to literally pick up the skin along her back, fold it to one side and watch it stay. Its gross.

I don't think she's put any weight on since she came in, but may finally be to the point where its possible.

One of the receptionists wanted to name her Hope. "as in Hope she makes it!" I know its mean, but it was a lighthearted thing, I promise. I really like Hope better than Barbie anyway.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Cat Addict

She needs some polishing, that's for sure. However, I think she has some serious potential to become a beautiful cat.

Keep us updated, hopefully she finds a nice home.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Banned

She's a pretty girl w/ that pink sweater on .
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with Padunk. Her markings are so PRETTY!!! She could be very very lovely looking with a full coat. I really "hope" she pulls through too. She looks very skinny though but I did notice her face, particularly her eyes, looks healthy. Keep us updated! Wish I could have her!
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Premier Cat

She has such a sweet face. Hope she does well.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Tom Cat

What a sweetheart! I am praying for her!
She's beautiful!
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Tom Cat

awww, lookit that face - tough girl
hope you keep updating

Angie
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Banned

Yes....she does have a really sweet little face. I hope she does well and finds a good home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page