Cat Forum banner

A New Game and Kitty Kisses

841 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  TrinityQuiet 
#1 ·
I have a new game I've been playing with Arianwen. It involves her toy mouse that hangs on a string in her cat tree. She loves pouncing on the mouse and batting it up to the top level of the cat tree. A couple days ago when she was playing with her mouse, she stopped for a second to give me "blinkies", then she "pointed" at her mouse and "pointed" at my hand in quick succession. I think she was saying she wanted me to join in the game.

Going on a crazy-cat-man hunch I batted at the mouse to get it moving for her. She joyously went after it, pouncing and batting at it like a little leopard, then, when she got it up to the top level of the tree she laid down and held it there for a second, intently "pointing" at my hand again. She dropped the mouse back down, keeping her "pointing" gaze fixed on my hand as the mouse dropped through to the second level of her tree. She gestured at my hand, and then I batted the mouse so it went back up through the opening to the top where she was still laying on her side. Arianwen instantly snatched the mouse, holding it and back-claw kicking it like it was a prey item.

We went back and forth like that, me batting the mouse up to her and her catching it and dropping it back down for me to hit again for about 15-20 minutes or so till Arianwen got tired of the game. At that point, she gave me "blinkies" again and made the cat "come here" gesture. I brought my face close to her and she gave me a long nose-to-nose kitty kiss and then grasped my index finger (claws sheathed) and held it while vigorously licking my hand. :luv The whole time she was purring very loudly.

I wrote this because I thought that whole playtime exchange was just too sweet to keep to myself. :p
:eek:rcat

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.