Exfurminate....Exfurminate...... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Exfurminate....Exfurminate......

The Daleks have come and exfurminated my kittens...

I think I can make another cat out of it at this rate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Cat Addict

or....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Hahaha that is so neat! Of course there is a book for making stuff out of cat hair...and of course it's by a Japanese woman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Cat Addict

Oh man, the furminator!! I use it mostly on B.B. because, while a short hair moggy, she has very deep pile. LOL
So, my furminator arrived a few weeks back and I grab The Beebz and run outside. B.B. HATES grooming, of any kind... ANY. But she does understand that it is necessary once in a while (in her mind lol)

There I am, in the garden, B.B. ontop the picnic table. Gently I start and WOW within seconds I have another B.B.!!! I kept unloading the teeth of the comb and these puff balls of fur aka "tumblefuzz" bouncing and flying in the garden. All over the garden! The more I combed, the more there was! I felt like Edward Scissorhands!! Then I look up and I see Belle and Sadie, bouncing along trying to catch all these tumblefuzzeyz floating and bouncing thought the air.

B.B. could then fit into her teen age collar when we finished LOL She did look a bit thinner.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Cat Addict

I've stopped using the Furminator, as it cuts the undercoat instead of removing loose undercoat. That's why there's so much hair.

The simplest of cat hair brushes, the slicker ones, never ever tear off one hair. After buying lots of different stuff, I use only that and my cats love it.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Cat Addict

It does both and THAT is exactly why I wanted it. I have a "mature" kitty lol She doesn't take the time to groom like she use to and the summer is brutal (she's all black)

I've used the slicker for years, yea, it got some hair but she has hyper sensitive skin, always has so the least amount of strokes on her skin, the better she likes it and more likely she will not put up a fight.

I'm quite satisfied with how it works on, B.B. I don't use it on the other two because they are excellent groomers, young and their coats are no where near as thick.

Last edited by marie73; 07-22-2013 at 03:23 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I don't think it cuts hair. I've tried it on my own hair hahaha. It certainly pulls pretty well, so if you do it too rough or repeatedly, normal hair could possibly get pulled out as well. My babies don't mind being furminated, it helps Billi tremendously with the shedding. Aloo does not have too much undercoat, so she does not shed as much.

What I have discovered is that their lower back and holds a lot of dead hair. Maybe those are the hard to reach spots for them.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 AM
Cat Addict

JB, I've observed it doesn't pull any overcoat hairs, only undercoat ones. I can even hear the plucking sound. I used it once at the onset of summer so that Prince would "shed" the heavy undercoat sooner, as he suffers from the heat.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 06:29 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungliBillis View Post
I don't think it cuts hair. I've tried it on my own hair hahaha. It certainly pulls pretty well, so if you do it too rough or repeatedly, normal hair could possibly get pulled out as well. My babies don't mind being furminated, it helps Billi tremendously with the shedding. Aloo does not have too much undercoat, so she does not shed as much.

What I have discovered is that their lower back and holds a lot of dead hair. Maybe those are the hard to reach spots for them.
You're right, it doesn't actually cut any hair. It just looks like it does lol
I did some reading around about it if it "cut" any hair. The answer is , "No."
Neither does it pull any hair, (your hair probably has a few mats in it, that's why it pulled yours when you tried it ROFL omg, I'm SO kidding) that isn't the way the tool is designed. It only removes dead and loose underfur. ...by the truckload! LOL

After using it several times now, it works magnificently and while B.B. (who HATES all grooming from humans) isn't in love with it as many proclaim their cats are, she tolerates it MUCH more than any other brush, mit, comb, etc. because the strokes are slow, gentle and FEW! lol

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Cat Addict

I use the furminator on my kitties, especially Taffy, he is wooly monster who would be a miserable mess if I didn't.

Is the Daleks a Dr. Who reference Junglibillis? My 14 year old is a Dr. Who fan, and I am starting to pick up things I was not sure though......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page