bear stealing dumpster - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

bear stealing dumpster

sign in to facebook and go to the Edelweiss Restaurant page in Colorado Springs. a bear stole a dumpster the night before and then went back the next! it's pushing it just like a shopping cart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Premier Cat

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Tom Cat

lol that is hilarious!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Cool Cat

lol!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

it is hilarious, the only sad thing was how they had to deal with it. they put down boards with big long nails sticking up because if a bear decides there's a reliable food source, they become a nuisance. they're relocated once, then they have to shoot them. (at least they say they do.) actually restaurants have been instructed to put cinder blocks on the dumpster lids or install locks, but lots of them don't do that.

the one that accidentally locked itself inside an SUV it was raiding for twinkies is hilarious, until you see it rip it apart and realize exactly how dangerous they are. one walked right inside an 86 year-old man's house and since he didn't have a gun, he barked and the bear jumped out the window.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Premier Cat

Did this restaurant say it did the nail thing?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Premier Cat

Funny, but kind of sad too. Too bad there is not sufficient food sources for the bear. When I was a kid we my dad took us camping in the Adirondack Mountains in upstate NY. For fun we used to go to the town dump and watch the bears forage through the dumpsters. How my dad found that entertaining is beyond me now. I always felt sorry for the bears that they had to resort to that. We don't have to worry about bears where I am now, just an occasional coyote, possums, raccoons and foxes now and then.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Cat Addict

I don't see it any more funny than my strays when I've been away for a few days...

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess View Post
Did this restaurant say it did the nail thing?
yes, they did. there was a short video of it on the news, they were long nails too. but it's better than shooting the bears I guess.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
Funny, but kind of sad too. Too bad there is not sufficient food sources for the bear. When I was a kid we my dad took us camping in the Adirondack Mountains in upstate NY. For fun we used to go to the town dump and watch the bears forage through the dumpsters. How my dad found that entertaining is beyond me now. I always felt sorry for the bears that they had to resort to that. We don't have to worry about bears where I am now, just an occasional coyote, possums, raccoons and foxes now and then.
there usually is enough food, but lots of areas around here have encroached further and further into their habitat, like in the foothills around boulder and Colorado springs. after the waldo canyon fire and a few this year, I guess a lot of what they eat is gone. plus it was even drier than usual, which means no berries (and whatever else). now it's raining like crazy and basically just washing away Manitou Springs
(that's kind of a dumb video because it's mostly of her deck and steps lol but I left it because someone saved a cat in it ) (it actually did wash a woman's house completely away though.)

there was a hilarious one in Estes Park where someone's door on the candy store was broken, and the bear went in and raided it SEVEN TIMES in one night, it was all on the security tape!! and people wanted to buy the candy the bear ate!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page