would you buy a cat food named after your cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

would you buy a cat food named after your cats?

since Weruva is a combo of Webster (I think, Werner?), Rudi, and Vanessa, if I named cat food after mine, it would be:

Hobadi, Hodiba, Badiho, Bahodi, Dibaho or Dihoba. Some of those either sound like Japanese grills or restaurants or something that goes into shampoo or hand lotion.

what would yours be called?

(I guess if you only have one or two cats, you can use ca and fo or vice versa to round it out.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Premier Cat

Jackmiss (Jack and Lacey)
Ziplace (Zipper and Lacey)
Maddymiss (Maddie and Missy)
ZipJack (Zipper and Jack)

and my favorite:
Miss Jack's Feline Feast (Missy and Jack)

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderflower View Post
Hobadi, Hodiba, Badiho, Bahodi, Dibaho or Dihoba. Some of those either sound like Japanese grills or restaurants or something that goes into shampoo or hand lotion.
To get technical, in Japanese there is no pronunciation of "di". Only "da", "de" and "do" are said together (in Japanese it's always a consonant then a vowel except for "shi" and "chi" sounds).

I could name mine... Jacky...? That does not sound very food oriented.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Tom Cat

I'm not sure if this would fly, but since my cats are Delta and Decimal, I'd just put a big triangle (symbol for Delta-greek letter) and a dot in the middle (to look like a decimal mark). If I had to give it an actual word title, I guess I'd go with "De-De" to keep it simple and not give either cat top billing
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Cat Addict

BeBadie ??? Not sure it would sell a lot

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat face View Post
Lol, no, probably not.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Cool Cat

My name would work if I only had Autumn and Ramona because I could just call it "Aura". Or Cosette and Dante make "Coda". It gets tougher when I try to add in Galileo though, or combine all of my cat's names into a brand name. How about "Gaauradaco"? "Cats gau rad over delicious Gaauradaco!"

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8thd View Post
My name would work if I only had Autumn and Ramona because I could just call it "Aura". Or Cosette and Dante make "Coda". It gets tougher when I try to add in Galileo though, or combine all of my cat's names into a brand name. How about "Gaauradaco"? "Cats gau rad over delicious Gaauradaco!"
ROFL! 'Gaauradaco' Sounds waaaayyy to
much like Guano...as in, Bat Guano!!
So Sorry....I just couldn't help myself

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
To get technical, in Japanese there is no pronunciation of "di". Only "da", "de" and "do" are said together (in Japanese it's always a consonant then a vowel except for "shi" and "chi" sounds).

I could name mine... Jacky...? That does not sound very food oriented.
well I didn't really mean they did, I was just thinking of Hibachi (which i didn't think about until i said, "Hi Baci," one day. ) and jojoba is the other thing i was thinking of, so not really but just dumb. i don't speak Japanese. well, other than Sony, Sirachi, Honda, Kobe and origato. other than that i usually embarrass myself because i get confused between Chinese and Japanese items and don't even start with Singapore and Malaysia lol.

Jackeye. made from Skipjack tuna and Sockeye salmon? lol
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
and my favorite:
Miss Jack's Feline Feast (Missy and Jack)
Miss Jack's Feline Feast is a contender. I'd buy it just because it sounds like A Boy Named Sue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotu View Post
I'm not sure if this would fly, but since my cats are Delta and Decimal, I'd just put a big triangle (symbol for Delta-greek letter) and a dot in the middle (to look like a decimal mark). If I had to give it an actual word title, I guess I'd go with "De-De" to keep it simple and not give either cat top billing
De-De with the symbol. what would be in it is another thing, feta cheese? (feta cheese and lamb. as far as i know, cats don't like spinach or grape leaves.) haha. hey, i always say the stinkier the more cats like it, feta isn't as smelly as it is salty though. i used to use bleu cheese crumbles in a salad dressing i made but i never thought to offer it to the cats. i call Diotima "Missy D" and "De-De-Bah".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat face View Post
i can think of worse. This actually reminds me of Abady, which I've never tried because it's so expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8thd View Post
aura or coda both are excellent names for cat food, i think. of course i had a cat named coda so i would think that lol. i still think they're good brand names.

Gaauradaco reminds me of Guacotaco, and cats eat avocado, obviously, because of Avoderm. how well they like it, i don't know, but i'm pretty sure my cats would pick the lettuce and tomatoes out of a taco and eat the shell, meat, cheese and sour cream. now that I've said that, i believe that will be the next Doritos flavor: Guacotaco. sounds kind of yucky though hahahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page