What is your favorite thing your cat(s) does? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

What is your favorite thing your cat(s) does?

Hard for me to pick just one, but since mine is super friendly to me I really like when he smells something weird on my hand.

He'll get wide eyes and bite the side of my hand fairly hard and grip the back of it with his front paws. Slightly painful but not enough to do damage. I just think it's amusing when he gets that exciting about something, since it's completely the opposite of his normal personality

Other than that it would have to be how much mine talks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 AM
Senior Cat

I have to think about this...

I think for my one, Aries, my favorite thing he does is suck on the tip of his tail. He's my baby and when we cuddle he will curl into a ball and suckle his tail, purring. He only does this when I'm around and it is weird but he is so content and happy that I love it.

For Orion, he's weird and will chase his tail on this one ledge in the bathroom whenever I shower. It's also odd but so funny - as soon as the water goes on he comes charging into the bathroom and starts chasing his tail.

They do other things I love and I love things that the little white ladies do as well, but those two are my favorites. Mostly because it is big, adult male cats chasing their tails or suckling on their tails. Ridiculous but adorable!
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

The tail sucking thing sounds cute! Never saw a cat do that before
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Cat Addict

My favourite thing my cat does. Well, I have 3 and there's lots of stuff but one thing that one of them does that races to mind is, "soft eyes" .. "blinkies" aka; slow blinks.
Sadie Woo has done ever since she was wee tiny was in an overly pronounced way, soften her eyes almost to the point of being closed, and keep them in that position for an extended period of time as she sits and enjoys my company.
Almost like she gets stuck mid blink and stays like that for the duration (3,4,5 etc. minutes) and thinks thats the way its done. LOL
But my heart melts the same way every time I see her do it.

The only thing that comes close to that is the way her tail will POP straight up and curl at the very tippy end whenever she walks by me and I say her name

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Premier Cat

Playing with other cats! Robin takes play so seriously! He turns into a blur when he chases and flees. He loves to play king of the cat tree! But the funniest thing he does is play Dare with Smokey! One of them will do some acrobatic feat,then dare the other to try it! 'I! jumped onto a cookie jar on the fridge!...'
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Tom Cat

I like it when Delta has other choices of places to sit, but chooses my lap. I like it when Decimal rubs up against my husband and then "plops" down in a cute way and tucks her head under...so sweet
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Cat Addict

Omg these all sound so cute!

My favourite thing Munch does is play with the dogs. he adores them, and Mouse and Ollie reciprocate. They're hilarious to watch. The other thing he does that makes me laugh is he plays in the dogs' big automatic waterer. He sits on top, reaches down and bats the water. He's always soggy lol. And I love waking up to him snuggled against me... he's so cuddly in the morning!

Sara, Munch (deaf Domestic Shorthair),
Oliver (hearing Irish Terrier X),
Mouse (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Boo (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Kat (partially deaf, and vi Mini Dachshund)
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Tom Cat

Personally, I love it when any cat in my family (no matter how far away my family members are) comes up to me, nudges my face, chirps at me, and gives kisses. My mom's cat Mary Anne was like that. I used to go visit my family in Kansas City, MO, and every time I came home, she'd be waiting for me. She'd run or trot up to me, greet me with a very sweet happy chirp, rub her face against my legs, and purr really loud. I'd say "Oh, Mary Anne! How sweet of you to welcome me home. It's nice to be back! Thank you for that wonderful welcome" , and I'd rub her cheeks, and give her ears a nice gentle massage. If I wasn't doing anything in the house, she'd come up to me, and sit in my lap, and purr like crazy.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Cat Addict

Blacky: Following us on walks, she loves walks! And her quiet loving attitude with a select few people... like, that pretty much is only me.

Jasper: Chaos! Meowing nonstop with toys in his mouth, meowing when I leave the house, fetching toys, horsing around with the dog (I think this is my favourite), playing chase with me/the dog, systematically hunting out the toys when we hide them... he's a riot. He's also so accepting of other animals; cats or dogs, he is passive with them all no matter how threatening they are to him (my aunt's cat, as well as Blacky and Tara can be a little hard on him at times - especially my aunt's cat!). Once he got out the front door and Blacky was sitting there... he was so shocked to see her he went back inside. She wasn't even doing anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
and

Last edited by Carmel; 10-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Cat Addict

One of my kitties snores pretty loud, but it's so cute. He also makes a chattering noise sometimes when he's dreaming, and his paws and lips twitch (I think he's dreaming of catching squirrels because he makes the same sound when he watches them through the window).

My other kitty follows me around like my shadow. In the morning, he'll sit in the bathroom watching me take a shower, watch me brush my teeth, then know it's time to go downstairs for breakfast, and lead the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page