How to train your human.. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Cat

How to train your human..

1. My human seems to have extreme reaction to something called extremely cute! I turned this to my advantage and whenever I walk up to her I purr, shake my tail or blink my eyes very slowly - all are great each on its own but if you want to see your human ooze with gooey affection - do ALL of the above at the same time!

2. If you want your humans instant attention - jump up on the counter or go somewhere you are not supposed to be and when they start walking over to you (looking irritated and trying their best to scold you) , let out the cutest meow you can muster! I know - seems like unnecessary effort but this is GUARANTEED to work instantly! They can't stay mad at you and instead they will pick you up and you will get kisses, rubs AND treats!

3. This is the best weapon I have in my arsenal - I realized this by accident!
I walked up to my human with big, wide eyes and let out a big meow that to the human sounded like "MOM"! Well, talk about turning said human into a sucker! I do this when I want to snuggle in my favorite blanket and get tucked in.

I have taken the little white one called Coca under my wing. She is slowly but surely mastering all my feline tricks! She even gets pillows and multiple blankets laid down in the rocking chair because that is the only way she will snuggle there - talk about the princess and the pea fiasco!

Sincerely, Gizmo - the world dominator!

P.S. I even got "mom" to type this up for me while I ate my lunch!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000281.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	351.7 KB
ID:	37241  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000279.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	37249  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Cool Cat

Haha, what a cute thread. Now you have to get your mom to give you loads of treats for posing so well.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Tom Cat

Gizmo, I have my humans well-trained too. Last night I almost got the whole bed to myself. Unfortunately they weigh more than me so I was unsuccessful in my attempts to push them off the edge. Oh well, they are useful as warm objects to snuggle up to on cold nights.

You're right! Meowing "mom" real loud works wonders, especially when I want mom to turn on the tap in the bathroom
Have you tried kneading, purring and blinking at the same time? I find this technique will pretty much get you whatever you want.

Sincerely,
Yuki

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks for the replies guys!

Yes Yuki, I did forget to mention the kneading! Mom thinks I knead ONLY to be nice but I am roaring with laughter on the inside because I know if she really has to pee - she will not stop me and put me down to go! There I accomplish two things - make mom uncomfortable (haha) AND unlimited time of snuggles and petting!

Us felines really are the smartest species!

As far as pushing them off our beds ( I don't know why they would think it's theirs!) - I have also been unsuccessful. I ONLY have half of a king size bed! How rude!
I push mom all the way over to dad so she will get blamed when he has only 2-3 inches on his side! Genius I tell you!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Cat Addict

I act dumb to make mom get kibbles for me from the food maze.

I act cute to appease mom when she got angry with me for biting.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Senior Cat

Act like a Boss when you take over their lazyboys! They will give in....

Angelo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kitties!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 01:16 AM
Cat Addict

See, I find screaming and yelling everytime Mom moves to be the best way to get food... well it DOES work sometimes! Also, pouncing on Momma in the middle of the night and /or standing on her chest, particularly the soft, built in pillows found there, to be most effective in waking her up, so I can scream at her for food, or attempt to get pets!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Sara, Munch (deaf Domestic Shorthair),
Oliver (hearing Irish Terrier X),
Mouse (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Boo (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Kat (partially deaf, and vi Mini Dachshund)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Tom Cat

You have nailed it....these tricks are what made me welcome Annie into our home..and she knew enough not to cause 'problems' with the regulars here....Cats Rule.....See Annie in my album.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Haha! Too cute! Everybody's comments made me laugh - good way to start the day!

I grew up in an animal free home - not do to allergies or anything - mom was and still is a firm believer that animals do NOT have an ounce of personality. Animals would just add more mouths that had to be fed and cats would never have dared step foot in the house because of her leather couch!

I refuse to give up and whenever she asks me if my house is still a zoo - I start telling her funny things like this and I always tell her that each of them have bigger and NICER personalities than alot of people I know - but noooo...

She thinks I'm making it up so I don't have to admit that getting animals (especially cats) was a mistake!

Love this forum!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat'sHouse View Post
You have nailed it....these tricks are what made me welcome Annie into our home..and she knew enough not to cause 'problems' with the regulars here....Cats Rule.....See Annie in my album.
Annie is beautiful!
Kermit got these big eyes you can't say no to and Marble is hypnotising .

Eliza is obviously the ruler of the roost - she has an air of authority around her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page