Stray Rescue Help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Stray Rescue Help

Not sure if this is posted in the right spot or not...

About a week ago my partner and I were visiting my mother and as we were walking outside we heard a shrill meow and I looked around the complex to find a kitten hiding behind a cooling unit shivering and soaked all by himself next to an empty unit. He was EXTREMELY thin.

Needless to say... I have way too big of a heart to just let him stay there. We looked around to see if we could find a mom or anything but found nothing. We brought him with us home and he has gained weight qjd is doing much better (even playing around with our fur babies).

We would love to keep the little guy but unfortunately we live somewhere where we are only allowed two fur babies. (They are INCREDIBLY strict with this rule)

We tried calling the humane society to see what our options were and they ever so rudely said "sorry shelter is full" and hung up. Tried getting in touch with a local cat rescue and were basically told the cat needed to be vaccinated or he wouldn't be taken in.

It's basically come down to us being stumped about what to do with the little dude. Do any of you guys have suggestions?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Premier Cat

Please make sure your Humane Society is No Kill. Most are Not!!!!

You can look on Petfinder to find out the shelters in your area. Call them and make sure they are no kill shelters.

Most shelters are strapped for money. Do you have a low cost spay neuter clinic in your area. A kitten can be s/n and vaccinated once it is 3 lbs. It would be a contribution to the shelter and to this kitten.

If it is just vaccinations then that is really cheap. Most low cost s/n clinics or Petsmarts or Petco do low cost vaccinations on the weekends. Call or ask at shelters where to get this done.

This is a great time for a kitten to get adopted. We had 23 kittens which needed homes. They only last one day when we offer them up for adoption. We s/n, vaccinate, deworm, wellness check by one of our vets, treat for fleas and mites or if they have giardia or coccidia. We offer a free vet visit so they can be established at our recommended vets in the area. Weve been running a special for $35. It really costs us over a $150 to do this but we want to make sure they are healthy and ready to have a wonderful life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page