If you were a cat, would you... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Talking If you were a cat, would you...

... like to be your own cat?!

Me and my friend were just chatting when we were in town picking up treats and food and toys for our cats and dogs and started saying how spoiled they all were... She asked me if I was a cat - would I want to be one of my own...

I laughed and said ohh yes! Spoiled like you wouldn't believe! My cats and dogs eat better and healthier than us humans, they always have different treats so they don't get bored with it (same for their food), they go for checkups ALOT more often at the vets than we go to the doctors (we have to be blue in the face for us to go to a doctor but a bad tummy for more than a day and off to the vets it is for the animals) and they have just about every kind of toy out there in rotation (I haven't bought Da Bird YET).

Then I thought a bit more about it!

IF I was my cat, I probably would be left alone most of the time (if not rehomed for aggression) because I probably couldn't stand being picked up, snuggled and woken up multiple times a day just because I'm cute and fluffy!

The third interrupted nap of the morning I'd be hissing and scratching at the hairless freak who can't leave me alone until I came over myself AFTER my nap!

Not being able to walk past "the mom" without being picked up and snuggled, can't have a whole nap without someone ("the mom") having to give me a kiss on the head or rub my ear and so on... Ugh! I'd be drove off my little head!

Instead, mine ALWAYS open their eyes purring away and enjoy their scratches! All of them! Wouldn't you be annoyed?!

But in all other aspects, yes, I would definitely want to be my cat!

How about you? Based on how you treat your little tatertots, would you want to be them if you were a cat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Cat Addict

Oh heaven YES!! I'd want to be my cats!! Sheesh! They have it made!! Everything like you described about yours, AND I give them a wide berth!
They get to walk around and NO worries about being picked up! They can come to me for an ear scratchies if it suits and I will oblige. The very rare an occasional interruption in the middle of their nap with a little pet on the head for a couple seconds. They sleep as long as they want, wander outside if they want, get fed on schedule every day. Get their treats every day as the last group session of feedings. They get a little "treat tray". They have their own posh places to sleep. IF they want pets and cuddles they have them on tap, just walk in my direction and give me the "cute look".
I mean, sheesh, who would want to be their kitty!!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Cool Cat

Probably not..... he has seen some things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Cat Addict

It depends on the cat I'd be. I think my cats have a great life and they do. But there are a few things ...

For instance, I'm gone very long ( >12 hour) days and if a cat wants a human present much of the time, my home wouldn't be a good one. And second, Penny is an example of a cat who just seems more responsive and attentive to women. I'm still her favorite person in the world, but I think she would have loved to be a lady's cat. So in those ways, my home may not be the best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ozma View Post
Ok laughed out loud at that one. Takes me back to the old Ceiling Cat meme.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Cat Addict

My cats rule me. Yes I would be my cat.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Cat Addict

aside from them not getting as many food treats as they like (i cant help it...im in the fitness industry) i would LOVE to be my cats
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ozma View Post
I'm pretty sure they all have.

I'd definitely want to be my cats. They are so spoiled!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 05:51 AM
Cat Addict

I love to be my cat too.

I am independent and mom is too, she likes her quiet time and so do I.
She doesn't disturb me when I'm napping
She doesn't scold me for making her clean up so often after vomiting.
She buy me lots of toys and play as and when I ask for it.
She knows I am predisposed to oral disease, so she made sure I get proper oral care.
She keeps my kidney healthy by making sure I eat mostly wet and yet knowing I love kibbles, she will let me indulge by still giving me some.
She didn't care if I damage her furniture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page