What your cat does when you're in the kitchen. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: What does your cat do when you're in the kitchen?
Ignores me completely. 0 0%
Knows I'm in the kitchen, but doesn't care. 1 4.35%
Comes runnin' to me, knowing he'll get food, but sits there patiantly. 5 21.74%
Follows me, stands in the way, meowing loudly, & still after he doesn't get food follows me back. 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to CatLover
What your cat does when you're in the kitchen.

What does your cat do when you're in the kitchen? Mine do some pretty wacky things, like the last poll option!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Premier Cat

Sugar usually follows me everywhere and when she knows there is food for her she starts banging the cabinets.... Twinkie will do circle 8's around your legs waiting, just waiting and getting crazy.....
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 06:07 AM
Tom Cat

My cat sleeps on my bed of a night, and when i wake up she follows me everywhere thinking im going to feed her. I go into the kitchen, and she is all around my legs meowing at me to feed her. If i bend down onto the floor and click my fingers, she will come to see me, rubbing her face all over me and purring. As soon as i have fed her, she doesnt want to know me!!! Also, when i go into the fridge she will jump up on the table next to it and start putting her paw into the fridge thinking i will feed her something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to PrincessClaire
Well Hawkeye and Radar aren't usually that bothered, Willow however will jump on the counter where the sink is looking for me to turn on the tap so she can drink from it, and Becky will just sit behind me and watch what I am doing
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Cat Addict

I voted for the last option, even though it's not entirely accurate. Sabby stays as quiet as can be, but always sprawls out right behind where I'm standing. He pretends he's been napping there for hours so when I step on him (it's inevitable) he can be extra angry. He probably does it so he can get extra lovin's.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to CatLover
Yeah, the last option was a little bit of an exageration, but it's what Sammie does ALL the time! She starts FIRST thing in the morning, trying to wake me up, & when I do she starts to "lead" me to her bowl, which still has food in it. Then she comes to the kitchen w/ me, stands behind, starts screaming, sticks her head in the ice-box, & follows me back to the living room.(even after that she's still meowing for me to feed her b/c her food isn't fresh anymore )
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:36 AM
Cool Cat

What your cat does when you're in the kitchen

I voted for the last one, as that't what Jimmy *mostly* does. But sometimes he just flops on the floor behind me, waiting to get stepped on (like Sabby!)
And sometimes he jumps on the counter and tries to get out of the window

seashell
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annissa
I voted for the last option, even though it's not entirely accurate. Sabby stays as quiet as can be, but always sprawls out right behind where I'm standing. He pretends he's been napping there for hours so when I step on him (it's inevitable) he can be extra angry. He probably does it so he can get extra lovin's.

That's exactly what Kitty does. I hate to cook because he is always right in front of the stove or the sink. He also has to put his head into the refrigerator every time I open it! I figured out a way to get rid of him for a little while--when you are running water, make sure to splash some onto the cat--they will leave immediately!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatLover
...she starts to "lead" me to her bowl, which still has food in it....
that's the part I don't get. My kittens do the same. There is still food but they wake me up EARLY in the morning 'cause they want me to feed them. They act like they are dying!!! I come to the kitchen, they are all over my legs and when I finally prepare the food and walk to their "eating place" they would jump infront of me and I can't walk "cause I'm afraid i will step on them! So funny!

They are too small to jump on the counter. what age do they start doing that?

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Cool Cat

What your cat does when you're in the kitchen

Sentimental girl - Jimmy does the same thing. He wakes me up *really* early. I go into the kitchen - there's food in his bowl He doesn't even ask for any fresh food, he just starts eating what's already there
I wonder if he's just too dim to remember he didn't finish his supper. Or if he doesn't like to eat alone. Whatever it is, I wish he'd get over it - I'm getting tired

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page