It was a very hot day... but my cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

It was a very hot day... but my cat

This is a true story!!!

About 2 years ago I lived in a rented travel trailer in Lake County, California. Summer came and the roof mounted Air Conditioner started acting up. When I turned it on, it might run for a minute or two at best and then POP my main circuit breaker. I contacted my landlord right away and he came to my home to check the AC unit.. He concluded as I had that the AC unit was shot. It might have been repairable but since it was pretty old he didn't want to invest any money in it. He agreed that I needed something to keep my home cool so he said he would get a water cooler and install it for me, but it might take a few days.
The very next day it really got hot, according to the news it was 109 degrees. A travel trailer which is all metal on the outside can really absorb the heat so the inside of my trailer got much hotter then that. I couldn't take the heat myself and I was VERY concerned about David my Cat. David is a indoor cat and the few times I took him outdoors on a leash he didn't care for it at all and he wanted back in. I was more concerned about David then myself as I really love my fuzzy. To help him out I came up with the idea of putting some ICE in his water bowl. While I was getting the ice out he had his head stuck in the refigerator. I had to pull him away so I could close the door. I had some cold water, lemon aid and of course some beer in the frige for me. Every time I opened up the refigerator door, there was David with his head in the way and I couldn't shut the door. David is no dummy, he knew that inside the refigerator was nice and cool. Thinking about this for a moment or two and being very concerned for his well being I took out the "Vegi drawer" from the lower part of my refigerator. David saw what I had done so on his own he got inside the refigerator and laid down. I laid down a few things so the door opening would be wide enough for him to get air and to come out and also to keep it closed as much as possible.. After all, I didn't want my beer to get warm. I checked on him real often just to make sure he was OK which he was but every time I pulled him out he really got mad. He'd snarl at me, bite me or really give my hands a run over with his sharp claws.

David is not a mean cat, not by any means. But he knew what would be the coolest place in our home for him to be at and he wasn't about to be relocated.

Dutchman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Premier Cat

Hehe that reminds me of when my cat Twinkie 'accidentally' jumped into the bottom part of the refridgerator......I think cats are smarter than we think
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:20 PM

Wow how hot it must have been there that David had to discipline you about where he would like to be until everything is settled to a cool atmosphere. I hope that situation didn't last too long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 11:39 AM

i think cats are real smart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page