David and my 4 dogs - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

David and my 4 dogs

This is another true story of my cat David.

When I first brought David home as a young kitten I also had at the time four dogs. Three were three Mini Poodles (mix) and the fourth was a German shepard mix I kept my kitten David in my bedroom with me but the door was open. David was small enough at the time that he would fit in the palm of my hand. It's reasonable to expect that my four dogs would want to check out the new family member. David, my kitten didn't react to much when the poodles came in to check him out, they just got a good sniff of him and they left the room. When my German Shepard came in, things were a little different.. Here he was faced with a differnet kind of animal, about 100 times, or more, as big as he was and he wasn't comfortable about the situation at all. Alex my shepard really wanted to make friends with the little kitty. He laid down on his belly and very slowly inched forward toward the kitten. When he got close enough he tried to give my kitten a lick with his tounge. David, my kitty, didn't go for this idea at all, and he attacked my sheppards tounge... He bit it and clawed it up with both front paws. Naturaly my shepard took off running. As David grew older I never really had any problems with him toward my 3 poodles, but he always had it in for my shepard for some reason. One day, David was up on the kitchen sink counter as I was letting my dogs in from the back yard. I think David was just waiting for me to let them in, because just as soon as Alex, my shepard was walking by he jumped down on Alex's back, stradiling him and digging in with all of his claws from all four feet.. Alex took off running, but David just dug in deeper and hung on.. Another time as I was walking to the back door to let the dogs in, I noticed where David was and saw what he was doing.. I thought I'd let the dogs in first and then take care of the situation. Alex, the sheppard went right to his dry food bowl when he came in. He didn't like what he had found and this is what I was going to take care of right away once the dogs were in... David had scawded in the empty food bowl and urinated in it. Alex just looked at the food bowl and then bark at me, look at his bowl again and bark again.. He had that look in his face that looked like, "I'm gonna kill that cat!!!!"

Alex never did do anything at all to harm the Fuzzy but David sure had it out for him.

Dutchman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:16 PM

Aww what a sweet dog Alex was! And David I may have to have a word with him, little rascal!
I assume the doggies are with you no longer - do you assume that David misses them? Especially Alex, of course, the one he bonded with most - in a special way
Thank you for sharing your story, Dutchman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page