Cat Forum banner

Oops. A word of caution

779 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  coaster 
#1 ·
I was cleaning Tobys catit water fountain today and the little valve thing you use to stop the water just running out of the dome found itself down the plug hole of my kitchen sink. Urgh. Managed to get the spring but I think there were other little plastic bits I needed that seem to have disappeared completely.

Its really hot here today and Toby will not drink out of a normal bowl so i had visions of going to my nearest pet shop and shelling out £30 for a new fountain. Thankfully, however, it still works - although you have to be careful if you don't want to get very wet when you are putting the dome back on the plastic tray thing. The water is flowing a bit faster but i don't care as long as it still works.

Just a word of caution though. Be careful of small parts disappearing down the plug hole when cleaning out water fountains :roll:. You may not be so lucky.

#2 ·
I did the same thing!!! Caught mine too and put it ,in, but tried it without it and it did not work as good. So it definately has a purpose. I wonder if the few people that have complained about their catit fountain not working well after a little while have lost that little piece without realizing it?

#4 ·
You can probably order the parts from the company. I got Petmate to send me one of the reservoir caps free of charge. I wanted a spare because if that little plunger, which looks so fragile, breaks, then all the water will run out. I also bought a spare pump. I haven't needed to replace either of them, yet, but at least they're already on hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.