Cat Story - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Cat Story

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Louey whispered. He had slick, orange-white fur with blue eyes that sparkled in the moonlight.

"Don't worry about me, Lou," Cooper replied hastily. His jet-black fur was almost unnoticable in the dark and you could mostly only see his jade eyes.

"Leaving your family, it's pretty harsh," Louey said sternly.

"They treated me badly, Lou, you know that," Cooper said as he looked at a map, tracing the roads with one furry paw. "They left me outside with no shelter, even in the winter. They barely feed me, and they practically ignore me. I doubt that my old family will even notice I'm gone."

Louey just sat there as a few small tears trickled down his eyes. He was glad that Cooper couldn't see that he was crying. "Will I ever see you again?" He choked on his words.

"I don't know," Cooper replied, gazing at the stars. "Who knows that the future holds."

To be continued....

(I'll try to write more to the story every day, so you don't have to read the whole thing all at once, plus, that'd take a long time!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Cooper walked up to Louey and licked him. "Goodbye, old friend," he said.
I just lost my best friend. He thought as he slowly walked toward the glistening black pavement. No, I didn't. I just might never see him again.

Cooper broke into a run. He ran at the quickest pace he could. Houses and trees sped past him and if anyone were to look at the jetblack cat speeding up the road, they would have seen a look of determination in his eyes.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Cooper ran and ran for miles. His paws began to ache badly, so he stopped at a highschool. The silver sign read "Skyline HighSchool" with little eagles circling the letters. Cooper walked slowly and quietly towards the football feild.

A large tree stood in the corner, it's branches like a warm blanket of shelter. I shall rest here. Cooper thought to himself. He curled up next to the trunk, leaning against it for support after that long journey.

Chapter 2

Sun shone through the branches of the large tree. The smell of fresh pine reached Cooper's nose. He stretched and yawned. Dew sparkled on the tree branches and Cooper went over for a drink of water.

"What's this then?" A tall, skinny man in a green gardner's uniform said gruffly as he approached the cat. "Oi! No strays aloud, I won't 'ave pests like you messing up my 'ere garden."

Cooper cowered next to the tree. Instead of feeling comforting, the tree felt menacing now, as though it were trapping the poor feline.

"Shoo! Away with ye! And I better not see the likes of you around again, ye 'ear?" The gardner raised a shaggy finger as though he were scolding Cooper.

Cooper ran as fast as he could. Large vehicles sped around him as he ran past a grocery store. I've got to get to a neighborhood! He thought, desperatly as his eyes darted this way and that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Suddenly, Cooper noticed a long hill that led up to medium-sized houses. He ran up the hill for dear life, avoiding the chaos of bikes, cars, and barking dogs. Cooper studied each house closely and all of them looked old and dirty. Except for one.

Cooper approached the house that had caught his eye. It was beautiful. An orange slanted roof gleamed in the sunlight. The neatly scrubbed bricks shined ever so brightly. And there were flowers and vegetables planted in a garden by the side of the house.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 01:23 AM

You use such bold imagery. *claps*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page