GUNS AND WHITE PERSIANS Updated daily. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

GUNS AND WHITE PERSIANS Updated daily.

"SO LONG,MI-T-EARS!" The message,written in sea-blue crayon,climbed it's way over cracks in my wall,and was already obscured by broken plaster. Dames. Can't live WITH 'em,can't... Just another day in the big city. At least she didn't call me MI-T-MOUTH. I checked my files. Cheating wives ,cheating husbands...what's this?... 'dade county ballots 02'? na. ringring. I let my voicemail get it. "Yeah you've reached Percy, P.I. the brains of this outfit." BEEP. "yo,isthis the Baker residence?"... BEEP! BAKER RESIDENCE!? Do you know how long it's been since my sidekick brought me cake,pie or even decent...DOUGHNUTS. My nose picked up the scent past the miasma of crime and corruption. I heard Kurt's signature crashing up the steps,this night was looking up a little. The door flew open. "Hey,buddy!" Buddy's right, are those CHOCOLATE CREAM STICKS? "Now,now they're not for YOU." The doughnuts he put on an end table, along with today's paper. I opened to the funny pages,noticed something in the classified-a white persian above 'HAVE YOU SEEN ME?' A case! I snatched a cream stick,then slipped out to find some clues. Then I slipped back in,snatched another one. Hey, it looked like one of THOSE nights!

When I found Blue,he was hanging out in front of FOXIE'S looking bored,his saucer of milk untouched. "Blue"! I yowlped. The blue persian regarded me warily,and his tail twitched a little. "Hello Percy." I sauntered closer,cast a glimpse in a storefront window. Foxie herself was counting the day's take. "Time was,the place sold fresh fish" Blue rumbled plaintively. "I remember. VIRGIL'S SEAFOOD." Blue took a quick hit from the saucer,then turned, milk drops adding a glow to his whiskers in the light of the silvery moon. "Ev'ry time we'd come round,VIR-GILLS would chase us off with a broom. Got me couple times too." Blue winced at the painful memory. I was quiet. Blue wasn't always so round. "Crawlin' with the fleas, down to an ounce,and I could SMELL..." "Yeah,y'know I wonder how Foxie got it OUT..." I tried to joke, "I mean its hard to sell CDs when the place smells like haddock" I chuckled. And then Blue let the door flap closed on the past,and smiled,his way of saying he was ready to divulge necessary investigative information-PUMP AWAY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: GUNS AND WHITE PERSIANS pt 1

I LOVE this noir style of writing!

Quote:
milk drops adding a glow to his whiskers in the light of the silvery moon
One of my favorite lines!

MORE, please!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

'HER NAME WAS DAISY. LIVED IN A HOUSE NEAR THE OLD RESERVOIR...'
Blue's never been good at giving directions. By the time I found the place,a three story white painted house that smelled of old wood,and older memories, the first rays of the rising sun had begun to peek above slate-gray clouds. Now,one of the unique features about this town is that old,uncut woodland crosses into the city limits. Mill Creek Park,the land near 'the old reservoir',places like this, nature has reclaimed. What this means is that 5 minutes from Youngstown's busiest,most choked urban sprawl-you're in Paul Bunyan country. I looked about me,well kept lawn,pickup in the back....I sniffed the early morning breeze- and my whiskers drooped-HORSES,A STABLE...the scent of eggs and bacon,already overlaid with dish-soap. Darnit. A hint of perfume. The girl sat looking not at the pink,blazing dawn but into the woods. Her back to me, I could make out long black hair,and a white coat. I crept closer. She sat like a stone peering into the shadows. Remaining hidden,I crept around to the front of the steps. Her face was dark,actually darker than Foxie's-and was wet with tears. She sat silently. No cry. No sound. As the tears flowed down her cheeks. "Daisy-MAY!" she whispered,her voice steady. This was bad. She would stay,rooted to this spot,keeping the vigil,unable to accept that Daisy would not come walking right up that little path in the woods . THE WAY SHE LEFT?...hmm. A kid can do it,too. I don't wanna eat. I don't wanna sleep. I just want Daisy,DAISY... But. A yellow bus crawled onto the shoulder of the inner-city country road,and the child swallowed her tears,bit back the pain,took one last desperately hopeful look into the dark woods...then rose. Dames. Ya gotta watch'em. They'll get you with the water works every time. Something seemed to be in my eye. Must be downwind from the stable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

More puhleeeeeeze!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Premier Cat

Will he find out why she is crying?

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Re: GUNS AND WHITE PERSIANS pts 1 and 2

Time to get to work. From the whitewashed wooden rail on the porch,I leapt to a ledge,and peered into the window. In the kitchen,the T.V. was still on,some yutz remonstrating with a judge who was frantically searching for her lost contact lens that the doofus with the I'M A SERIAL KILLER,YOU'RE NUMBER 35 t-shirt should pay his promised $100,000. Yeah right. the debt's a month old. Killer can't remember BACK THAT FAR ,and there's nothing in writing. I stepped onto the windowsill. Geronimo. Deftly jumping,into the kitchen I caught an afghan draped across a chair,and entered an arcing swing,which carried me,well,into the sink,actually,but-INFILTRATION EFFECTED. Climbing onto a counter,I quickly scanned the area. A new frostless, humming opposite me,an electric skillet atop the frostless,a pair of gleaming yellow eyes,bills on the "YARP!"
From the shadows between the fridge and the cupboard,the tiny topaz eyes glowed,dissapeared,reappeared. "W-who"? "Are you a hoot owl?" "Am I a-hey! Come out of there!" A face materialized behind the eyes. A plaintive,curious gray face that dissapeared back into the shadows. "Uh-UH!" came the high,fretful,voice. A kitten. "I'm safe where the Furries can't get me!" (scurryscurry) "My name's Dolly." The eyes turned this way and that then a whole kitten appeared. Gray cuteness that would, in about 6 months time, flower into silver beauty. "Hiya,kid,Percy,P.I. I'm here to see if I can find Daisy." I produced my scratch-pad,and a well-chewed pencil. "How well did you know her?" Her nose crinkled thoughtfully. "a li'l,I guess...none of us really knew her." "Us?" She began to count on her toes: "Me,Thunder,Snow...Aisha and Lauren,if y' count hoomans,and"...she struggled..."y'know chewing pencils will give you LEAD POISONING!" Annoyed,I disengaged my teeth from the comforting metal of the eraser-guard. Movement behind me. "...and,TYSON!" "Oh,and...TYSON,that would be a Poodle, Chihuahua..." I nibbled the pencil-remnant,no longer worried about LEAD POISONING.Behind me,a voice rumbled in answer. "mm-mm." " Rottweiller?" "mm-hm."
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

GULP!

Oh, you're good! You know just when to stop and leave us hanging!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

"I'm here to help" I said quietly. "I think Daisy's still alive,just aching to get back home." I turned. Black fur,gravy-hued muzzle,uncropped ears. "What can YOU do?" he growled. "Wait,Tyson" Dolly squealed. She padded over to him,and whispered in his ear,never mind the powerful jaws. "He's a detective-Percy P.I! An' he..." Tyson groaned,flipped over on his back. "Just what we need! As if things weren't BAD ENOUGH" He threw his paws to his loaf-shaped head. "IT'S THE PEANUT-BUSTER P.I.!"

I 'hrumphed' and entered the dining room. The answering machine blinked red. BEEP. "Hi! This is Bob with the opportunity of a lifetime! Right now,were giving away FREE..." I nosed the button. BEEP. "Lauren. Aisha. 3:30? I'll make my meatloaf. You can have my room,tonight-no!-I mean it." Kisses over the phone. BEEP. OO! I-WE-had the crime scene to ourselves! BEEP. "H-hi Aisha,th-this is Merton...gimmieacall?" You need catnip, hotstuff. Dutch courage. Just watch that stuff from Amsterdam...BEEP.

My mind went back to something Dolly'd said:'I'm safe where the furries can't get me.' Furries. FURRIES?
In the distance,thunder rolled. Dolly stifled a whimper. I paused to sniff:scent of dust,a tangy musk,fresh laundry. I came on a stairway,and...WAIT. From an upstairs bedroom. The ZING of charged particles was in the air. I rocketed up the steps,the tickle of the aqua carpet under my paws. The door on the left...YES! In the darkness of the girl's room,the Rockies,in noonday splendor! A screensaver. "Hey." I cracked my knuckles,hopped onto the desk. The door swung wide,and Tyson stalked in,ears forward,jaw set."Beat it,joker. This is Aisha's personal..." I nudged the mousie. LETS SEE..."Watcha doin?..." "Access...files..." Grandpas WHISKERS,this was better than I...Whap!... "YOU DEAF OR SUMTHIN...!?" As my head cleared from a sudden backpaw,I noticed the marks. Bites and clawmarks on his foreleg. From a...cat...?? He'd cleaned them out, but they went deep. He'd fought. Recently. And...lost! "Yah. Someone took her. Took li'l daisy,and I..." "I'll just be a minute,Dawg. Can we talk,later?" He hung his head. "Yah." I turned to the monitor typed some commands. TAB'S KITTYFORUM. Paydirt.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Re: GUNS AND WHITE PERSIANS Updated daily.

LOGIN:

KITTY CHAT

I scrolled down. Some poor guy's 'tom' had given birth to a litter of 7... Royale,my net buddy in France would make another attempt climbing the Eiffel Tower..."Percy has gas ag-" HEY! KURT,YOU... From behind me a rich,toothy chortle. "Yeah,laugh it up,Purina." I read further..."Yeah I'll give YOU something to about..."

THE DOCTOR IS IN

Yes. Yesssssss...
A.J.
"Hi...I don't know what's got into Daisy. A while back,she got out,and didn't come home for 3 days. We've been keeping her in,but she keeps trying to get out again. She won't eat,she won't sleep,she just keeps looking out the window..." I read the replies,reflected,clicked to the lounge... FUN N GAMES...
A...Z...Then,on impulse I went back to Kitty Chat,pawed through old threads. THERE. A.J.
"I think I hear cats outside. It's long past dark. They sound hungry."

A chill crept up my spine. It was late afternoon. Soon it would be dark. A tiny nose nudged my chin. "It's gonna rain." "Dolly?" "They don't like the rain."

TBC
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Premier Cat

Re: GUNS AND WHITE PERSIANS Updated daily.

Come ON man! That was WAY too short!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page