Summer reading - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Summer reading

I'm about to plunge into The Cat Who series again! I've got the Cat Who Went Bananas,The Cat Who Said Cheese... Lilian Jackson Braun is truly the queen of the cat cozies! Anyone know any new fun cat books-cat mysteries especially?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Cat Addict

I never those series, but I love to read The Cat In The Hat books when I was little. My sister reads Garfield comics. She loves Garfield.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Cat Addict

Shirley Rouseau Murphy's cat books are very good.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Cleo, The Cat Who Mended A Family - what a wonderful book. It's not a mystery, but I found out after I finished it, it's a true story.

A story about a black cat named Cleo, purrfect.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemilk View Post
I'm about to plunge into The Cat Who series again! I've got the Cat Who Went Bananas,The Cat Who Said Cheese... Lilian Jackson Braun is truly the queen of the cat cozies! Anyone know any new fun cat books-cat mysteries especially?
My mom is crazy about Lilian Jackson Braun.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Tom Cat

Homer's Odyssey is a great cat book. I think it stands out as my favorite ever. (Not to be confused with the classic novel)

Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, Or How I Learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat [Book]

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
My mom is crazy about Lilian Jackson Braun.
I wouldn't go that far, but I enjoy her books. She's very good at
describing Siamese behavior (or "behaviour" for our Brit subscribers).

I get catalogs from two remainder/overstock booksellers, and have
a large number of her many books.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Premier Cat

My Nookcolor is well loved, I carry it just about everywhere with me. I recently finished reading The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End by Ken Follett. I *really* enjoyed both. My mom brought them to my attention and I put my previous series on hold. Which was ok, it was getting kind of old after 7 or 8 books. That series was by Julia Spencer Fleming (Clare Fergusson series).

Right NOW I'm just about to finish Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Smith. and have NO idea where I'm going from there. Ken Follet has a few other series so maybe I'll take a look at them.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I've got ALL LJB s cat cozies on my nook! Thanks,Sis! I'm on kind of a fantasy kick,I might do Christopher Paolini's Eragon. Also, one of my very favorites -an 'urban' fantasy- is Dark Heart by Margeret Weis and Dave Baldwin. A long-vanquished dragon has human 'disciples' that terrorize our world-the story mostly takes place in Chicago. They sprout wings,claws and fangs,and chomp humans who get to close,or find themselves in the dragon's way. There's other-good-dragons and their human friends out there,too! The story centers around Sandra 'Bruce" Mccormick,her crippled,disfigured brother Benny,and Justin Sterling,the Chicago disciple. It's book 1 of The Dragon's Disciple. Has ANYONE heard about more books in this series!?

Last edited by bluemilk; 05-05-2012 at 01:03 PM.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Tom Cat

Leann Sweeney's The Cat in Trouble series are good, light mysteries with cats. Or you could try Sofie Kelly's Magical Cats Mystery series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page