Rum For Error - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Riley peered at the deck, his lips pursed. 'Riley, what's going ON out there?' Tears flowed freely from her gray eyes. They're saying that the Rumian spacer, Tev was SHOT, he didn't...' 'I've seen the bloke. He's fine; it's all rumors.' "Ri, when are you coming home?' Riley extended his hand to the cam. 'Everything's good here, Nancy, I''ll be coming home in a few weeks. We can grill some steaks' he smiled conscious of how his accent rendered the word 'stikes' . Like his father, he'd taken to a 'yank'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Across the light years, Nancy continued to cry her floodgates thrown wide after being sealed for a long time. 'A few weeks.' she choked. Will it be spring or fall?' Riley smiled. They both had dual citizenship, and divided their time between their 2 countries. 'That'll be up to you, and YOU' he barked to Tyler who was undoubtedly just outside the door, 'stay out of my gear!' Muffled dash of feet. 'Let's do here-the U.S.'
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Nancy started to say goodbye, then her face was in her hands. Tyler crept back into camera range. 'Tyler. You do what your mother says. And I AM proud of you..' Tyler raised his palm, clenched his fingers and spread them again. 5x5. Mother and son smiled for him, and then the transmission ended. For a moment there was silence but for sand on the outer hull.
'A prrrecocious child-but a good boy.' Riley slowly turned toward the source of the feminine, growling voice and almost vocalized his surprise. He'd been expecting someone, but not the tabby, marble-eyed Rumian who stood before him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

'Your people would say that his stripes are coming in.'

Her whiskers flattened and Riley's hand dropped to his belt. Near his holster. 'It is about one of YOURRR people that I have come. A wounded human in ourrrr settlement.' Riley tensed. A trick. NO personnel had been reported... 'He worrr no uniforrrm when we discoverrred him. We set his brrroken bones but he is feverrrish and was out in our sun too long.' Riley rose to his feet, carefully removed his com. 'Anarchy, get Ethan and Clarence stand by for directions-and bring a bag of rice.' He keyed off. 'You lead the way. And make no sudden moves. The Ruman opened her hand, clenched, opened. 5x5. On the way out she paused. 'Strrripes would look prrretty on a human.'
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Saru reached for the white, wispy Rum-Shi, as the creature floated by her curious catlike nose. Her sea-green eyes followed it's path through the garden, and she remembered her lessons in the art of it's capture. Don't grab. Follow the breeze on which it floats. Invite it to come to you. She marveled that on Earth creatures similar to her were kept by humans-Earthians as they were commonly called.
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

As the wispy white creature began to float into the garden, Saru remembered her lesspns in the art of it's capture. Follow the breeze. Do not grab at it, invite it to come to you. Be patient. Rumians encouraged their children to capture and care for the puffs of living gossamer. The capture and caring taught lessons in gentleness and patience. The breeze switched suddenly and the Rum-Shi floated out of reach... The sprinklers came on and Saru contented herself with splashing happily through the herb garden.
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

THIS, thought Riley as he flicked the safety off on his plaz rifle and eyed the tabby Rumian through the scope, IS DIFFERENT. As ready as he was, anytime, anywhere, to take up his weapon, this was still a surprise. and he never thought he'd be sighting a Rumian. When El Jerko had fired on the alien tech, forgetting everything he'd been taught about holding fire when a new species was involved, their catlike rescuers had not fought back. AWFULLY NICE WHEN THE PEOPLE YOU'RE TRYING TO RESCUE FLAME YOUR FRIEND. Had it been reversed, Riley might not have been so gracious.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

'ARCHER BIRDMAN' Standing next to the badly burnt human's pallet, Riley read the name lazed on an I.D card with his picture. Corporal Clarence Brummel who had joined his C.O. in the cave whooped with laughter. 'Yeah, RIGHT!' he crowed, "And I'm Mary Mary Quite Contrary! Ah, come on man! Just Jokin.' That aint even CLEVER.' 'This man's badly injured, aint funny.'
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

'No, it most certainly isn't.' Ethan Aviram's voice rang out in the cave they'd been led to. Of the 3 tacs that had joined up with Riley and the bold female Rumian-Amm it turned out her name was-he alone had not been reluctant to enter what looked for all KUDZU like a compound. Ethan sidled next to Clarence who, along with Riley, dwarfed him. "He's probably an operative. Staking out this village. Stage one of the plan to exploit these people!...'
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

'Thanks for backing me up! We have a situation here, I don't need you pulling an Anarchy on me. Where is Molly Hatchet, anyway?'

The thud of a rice bag hitting the cave floor provided a reply. "I could go for a sno-cone. Hey, do you think he's a synth runner? I hear they make your skull into a candle holder.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page