I can't decide which one I like best..help! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Which Image looks best?
Image #1 7 46.67%
Image #2 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

I can't decide which one I like best..help!

Image 1:

OR

Image 2:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 07:57 PM

I like them both...
You are doing Great!
Did you know that if you save the file as a .gif file rather than a .jpg.
Then you can have a transparent background where the cats paw is hanging off the bottom. Do you know what I mean?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
I like them both...
You are doing Great!
Did you know that if you save the file as a .gif file rather than a .jpg.
Then you can have a transparent background where the cats paw is hanging off the bottom. Do you know what I mean?
Yes, but I didn't have time to save them as .gif when I posted. However, I saved the psd file so I can go in and do that tommorrow (I did that at work, during my down time).

Thanks though,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Banned

Close call, both very good, I voted for #2 because it seems to be more balanced.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 09:05 PM

I cant figure out how you guys, meaning anyone with internet access at thier jobs....can do this type of stuff and not get caught?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
I cant figure out how you guys, meaning anyone with internet access at thier jobs....can do this type of stuff and not get caught?
I have to use the computer for almost all aspects of my job. By having my own office (away from the boss's), no one is looking over my shoulder. But other than that, 95% of my job is waiting on information from other people. My boss knows this and as long as I'm not announcing to the world that I'm doing something not work-related, he's ok with it. *shrug* He's happy that I get my work done, on time (or early).
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 09:13 PM

Geesh.....that would be kinda fun!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 09:34 PM

My boss works on the assumption that as long as I don't go home until I have finished everything, I can do as I please and work when I please (within reason of course). It also helps that he spends about an hour a day in the office

Also, I am the office manager so I get to pick and choose what gets done and when (obviously as long as the business is still running without a problem). Working in the construction industry, we get some weeks where it is really slow and I basically spend the day doing as I please, and then other times, it is so busy I don't even have time for lunch and work til 9pm, so it works both ways which is why he never says anything about me doing whatever I like when its quiet.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Well, so far #2 is in the lead. For the time, I made a .gif of that one and am currently using it as my sig.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:40 AM

While I love the idea of using luminosity, and I love blue, I like #2 better because I am a balance freak. I have a symmetry issue, and #2 definitely has better balance. I love the paw hanging off. The only problem with gifs for me is that within the last 6 months or so, gifs always come out looking more pixelated than jpgs, and I don't know how to fix this. Like for me, the gif image's background does not smoothly change from blue to light blue, as the jpg does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page