Cat Forum Logo Contest Rules
- contestants must be registered members of the Cat Forum.
- catman and the contest administrator are ineligible.
2. Submitting Contest Entries
- contest entries will be accepted until 11:59 pm CST March 12, 2005.
- logo submissions will be sent as an email attachment to catman at the following address: [email protected]
- logos submitted for the contest will not be displayed anywhere in a publicly viewable area of the forum prior to the conclusion of the contest.
- there will not be a maximum number of individual contestants, however, a maximum of 50 individual entries will be accepted. When this limit is reached, no more will be accepted.
- each contestant is permitted to submit up to three (3) different entries. Each contestant submitting multiple entries is requested to submit each entry as a separate attachment.
- the contest administrator may at his/her discretion expand the above limits if necessary to facilitate the contest.
- entries will be accepted in order of submittal date and time.
- no changes in entries after submission will be allowed. No substitution of entries is allowed. Make sure your entry is how you want it before submitting.
- the contest administrator will confirm each submission.
- contestants shall observe all applicable copyright law.
- images submitted for entry remain the property of the submitter. Submittal gives the Cat Forum the right to use the image as required in order to conduct the contest. The entry chosen to become the new Cat Forum logo becomes the property of the Cat Forum and its owner. The winning artist can have his/her name (username) linked to the logo if requested.
- if needed, there will be multiple rounds of voting, so as not to have to vote on too many choices at once. The contest administrator will select entries to be voted upon in each round, and determine the number of rounds required.
- winners of each round will be voted upon in a final round.
- runners-up (second most votes) of each round will be voted upon again in a semi-final, for inclusion in the final round.
- the final round will determine the forum’s choice for the new forum logo.
- contestants may not plug or comment on their own entries within the voting threads, but are free to do so elsewhere within the forum.
4. Final Decision
- the forum’s vote is advisory in nature only. Catman has the final decision on whether or not to accept the forum’s choice, or some other entry, for the new logo.
5. Technical Requirements
- each logo entered must conform to the following:
- .gif, .png, or .jpg file format.
- maximum size 200 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.
- a cat or cats, photo or artwork recognizable as being representative of a cat, must be prominent.
- the words “Cat Forum” in suitable font style and point size.
- suitable other artwork, or not, as desired.
- will not include any links or references to any company, website, or cause.
- failure to observe the contest rules may be grounds for disqualification at the contest administrator’s discretion.
- in cases of dispute about anything, catman is the final arbiter.
*edited 27 FEB to change ending date.
*edited 28 FEB to change file formats allowed and changed "part" to "representative".
*edited 7 MAR to change file formats allowed and remove "transparency" requirement.
*edited 27 Mar to add "and Info" to thread title.