Should we have a non-graphics art contest? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Should we have a non-graphics art contest?
Yes! There should be a seperate contest for non-graphics artwork. 16 84.21%
Yes, but we should combine it with the graphics contest. 1 5.26%
No, I don't like the idea. 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Should we have a non-graphics art contest?

Its been suggested by a few people that we should have a contest for non-graphics artwork. It could include drawing, painting, pastels, etc, or even sculpture.
So what does everyone think? How many of you would be willing to participate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Premier Cat

Sounds good.
I presonally wouldnt participate because I have NO artistic flare.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:27 PM

I like the idea but I probably wouldn't be able to take part right now because we are busy... graphics take me way less time and I can use photoshop at work when we get a few quiet minutes.

I think it should be separate though because the two are soo different. It would be fairer on everyone to have the graphics rules and a much looser set of rules for non-graphics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 04:25 PM

...Doing it by hand will take longer..I think we should have them though, but just a longer duration time to do them...I think it would be great for those who dont know the graphic programs to well or dont have them...Just mark is as a non-graphic contest and no use of graphic programs, or combine the 2...All in all I vote yes
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Cool Cat

could be fun. I have the artistic ability of an amoeba, but I might still give it a shot. As long as nobody would laugh at me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 07:26 PM

Sign me up!

I'd have to be submitting old work though since i don't currently have a scanner, is that ok? or would everyone be drawing the same thing, like in the graphics contest? or at least something of the same subject (ie. a black cat)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I think it would be fun to have everyone do a similar subject. It would be neat to see the different variations that people come up with. I think it would be more fair that way too, since everybody would have the same amount of time to have it completed.
JMO, though.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Sure! I would definatley participate. It would be cool! Like Ashdrye could submit a picture of Pharoh & we can work on the by hand (just an example).

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Tom Cat

I don't participate in the graphics one because a) I have no skills =)
but i love looking at the pictures

I wouldn't participate in this particular one because a) I have no skills. hehe. I wanna vote yes, just so I can admire the skills of others that I do not have

Angie
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:54 AM

Hmmm... that's another thing... cause i mean, graphics are easier to make them look better, i mean, skill is necessary, but a first time graphic-er can still come up with something amazing... whereas a frist time drawer/painter might not even begin to compare to someone who has been doing that all their life...

The judging should be open to interpretation and apparent effort, not "oh wow, this looks EXACTLY like the picture"... do you know what i mean? Or maybe if after a few contest we see that there are some people who are always winning because of their skills we could put a rule like, the winner cannot participate in the next contest, but they get to pick the picture, or someting like that...

YAY! I'm so excited! Let's get started already!

EDIT: I was thinking about this, maybe to allow more interpretation and creativity and accomodtae to everyone's skills, how about instead of picking a certain photo, we just have it more open ended, like, a cat lying down, or draw any cheetah... just to allow for different poses and whatnot... id ont know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page