I have PSP 9 so I don't know of how much help I can give you since I don't know if the others are the same like it, but if you want to do the cat's eye...
1) Select the paint brush tool
2) Make sure that the blend mode is soft light
3) Adjust your brush size
4) Select what colour you want
5) Don't paint outiside of the eye area
That is one way to do it. Another way is to use the red eye removal button.
1) Select the red eye removal tool
2) Select the navigate button to move to the centre of the face
3) Select the zoom in button
4) Select the auto human from the method bar
The eye doesn't look like the same size, but it still looks neat
5) Select the hue you want it to be and if you want it to be a different colour in shade. You can also play around w/ the blurring, feathering, etc.
So in conclusion, you just have to play around w/ the tools and experient first. Give it a try and have fun w/ it. That is how I learned.