Happy chihuaha ending. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Happy chihuaha ending.

Saturday I was coming from a consulting job I was doing down near the border. Alot of semis coming up this part of arizona. I saw this tiny little Chihauha running down the side of the highway. (no collar ) The highway has a cement barcades so the poor little dog couldnt get off the highway. It was terrified. I pulled over and started running after it. Waving my hands for cars and trucks to slow down for it.

A woman stopped her truck and ran after her too. It ran across the highway to the center median and was a hairs breath from being run over by a semi. Then it ran back across to the woman by the time I caught up. It proceeded to bite her 3 times drawing blood huddling between her legs shaking. She was bleeding big drops of blood.

I booked back down the highway to her truck. She had a towel in her luggage. For once in my life I didnt have a kennel, towels, or anything in my car! Never there when you need it.

I had seen on Dog town how they got control over a dog with a towel. So I proceeded to do so. The woman had thought it was my dog. She has three of her own.

The sherrif stopped and gave us a tongue lashing for trying to rescue this dog. It went in one ear and out the other. How could I not.

I put the dog in my back seat of my SUV.. my back was filled with construction stuff. It crawled back into my lap and curled up while I drove.

I called the director of our Cat TNR and Rescue about it on my cell phone while driving. (Were in the hole right now.) She started making phone calls. I pulled up to her house and unfortunately our treasurer was there. I laughed when I saw the look on his face. Hes a great guy trying to keep us on coarse. Dont we work with cats? Now Merry is bringing dogs back?!

A voluteer from the other dog/cat rescue shelter came and got the little chihauha. She kept looking at me like I choose you... no no no... I dont want to go. Thank goodness for all the big hearts of all the voluteers who at a moments notice will help out. Shes in foster right now. Waiting for spay day! Then placed at the no kill shelter for a responsible forever home! Thank you Cathy, Patti, Sue & Tom for making this possible.

Edited to get the dog gender correct!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Premier Cat

Bless you and the other woman for saving that little dog. Of course, the others derserve high praise also.

Good luck little one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Nawww you should have kept herrrr, looks like she realy took a liking to you!

Great job saving the poor thing, good on the woman for stopping too.

Im sure the little chihauha is very grateful.

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Premier Cat

Merry, you are truly a wonderful woman! What a great thing you and the other woman did for that dog!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
How wonderful you saved the dog! Kudos to you!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Typical Merry....loves animals so much.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Happy chihuaha ending.

You are my hero Merry, Good job!! Wow I am going to sleep so much better! Thank you.
Can you take pictures of the little fella?

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page