Calling all WISCONSIN Cat Forum Members!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Calling all WISCONSIN Cat Forum Members!!!

Have you all blown away yet? Are your windows rattling as bad as ours are? Geez........I know they said it would be windy today, but man, I'm surprised we haven't lifted off the foundation! It's terribly windy up here on the hill! I just hope there are no big "surprises" waiting for us outside tomorrow come sun up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
You guys just stay safe till it "blows over" hehehe couldnt resist

But really stay safe!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Tom Cat

I'm still here, but it has been terribly windy and rainy today. My windows have been rattling and my garbage cans keep blowing in the street, but otherwise everything is fine. I did get soaked going to and from class though.

Katie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:32 AM

We haven't blown away yet but as I type this I just heard a thud on my roof. Its really noisy especially by our fireplace. That wind is just howling. I hate this weather. Its so depressing!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Right after I posted on a couple threads here, my power went out, it was completely dark, and the wind just howled! I could actually feel the floor here in my office (which in on the corner of the house where the wind was coming from) shaking. It was freaky! I can see 4 small trees down in the woods behind us, and I'm on my way out to inspect the buildings now.

It's supposed to be windy again today, and it just started to rain. But lets hope nothing like last night. You are right HersheysKiss, this weather is depressing!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Banned

I have never seen water this high in the drainage ditch behind my back yard. God bless my sump pump .....
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Cool Cat

OK the novelty of winter has worn off. Mother nature gave us a nice weekend in the 60's and then makes up for it with a week of high 30's, wind, snow and rain. I knew it was too good to be true.

Right now it isn't too windy as I look out my windows but I'm sure that will change as the day goes on.

Where's my global warming, Al?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
Ha the weather is like that bc you guys live too far north!! We only get snow maybe once a year and its usually pretty good here all the time!! Move to TX and youll be happy!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not in Wisconsin, rather Kansas. We've ben getting the rain and wind and HAIL too....I agree with Tim...thank God for sump pumps! I really need to get a battery back up for mine in case the power ever goes out. Oh and last year was my first spring in my house and we noticed there was no check valve on the darn thing. And my basement is 100% underground so anywater going out, just fell right back down the tube. The sump was running constatly. My hubby is from the south and never had to deal with sump pumps so when I told him the fact that it was running for days when it wasn't even raining...well...he thought that was normal. He looked into it though and realized it wasn't so we installed a check valve. Thank God we did or this time around, we might have had a flooded basement!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

I think all that mess is headed this way for the weekend...I wouldn't be upset if you guys kept it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page